“Very godd food, excellent service!”
Review of Chestnut Chateau

Cuisines: Italian, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Randolph, New Jersey
“Very godd food, excellent service!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This past weekend we took a family group of 12 people for a luncheon at the Chestnut Chateau. The decor was welcoming and warm. Our server was the daughter of the owner and she was wonderful! We were able to order from the full menu and specials were available.
One of our guests was highly alleric to garlic and they were very accomodating to make sure that this person was served garlic-free food - right down to a separate basket of garlic free bread! The seafood dishes were cooked perfectly, good amount of spices and very fresh. The veal dishes were very tender with excellent sauces. Just as in our past visits, large bowls of their homemade pasta with carmelized onions and a light cream suace were served family style to our table. The portions were so satisfying that none of the guests ordered dessert, just cofee and tea. To our surprise, the server took it upon herself to have 2 complimentary dessert trays made for our table. Needless to say, we all enjoyed the treats! This restaurant has never failed to deliver wonderful food and a good time for all!

• Visited October 2012

Union, New Jersey
“Neighborhood favorite!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My fiance & I have frequented a neighborhood gem known as the Chestnut Chateau for the past 10 yrs. Best dinners in my opinion are: KING SALMON (blackened), BEEF KABOB (FILET MIGNON) served w/onion, peppers,mushrooms & stuffed tomato over rice, VEAL & SAGE stuffed RAVIOLI, VEAL/CHICKEN PARM and/or FRANCAISE style, and CHICKEN MURPHY. For dessert, the CHEESECAKE with RASPBERRY SAUCE is out of this world!! Decor is tasteful, wait staff is professional and attentive, parking is convenient and prices are very reasonable. While children are welcome, the average age of Chateau dining crowd is typically 45+. If you're looking for a quiet yet popular dining spot for groups and couples, give the Chateau a try!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank KatbunzNJ
“CONSISTENTLY GOOD”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Went on a Groupon coupon. Waiter was attentive, food was great. Only bad part was that we sat by the cash register so there was always activity. The waiter apologized and was extremely courteous

Visited April 2012
1 Thank claimsgal
NJ
“very popular local restaurant”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

we like the chicken parm and Italian dishes. old fashioned non-chain.

Visited October 2011
Hillside, New Jersey
“Friendly service with fantastic food.”
Reviewed December 17, 2011

My wife and I were invited to lunch at the Chestnut Chateau. We were a party of 7 altogether. From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel at home. After we ordered some drinks, the waiter brought us some cavatelli in a cream sauce topped with caramelized onions on the house. It was delicious.

I ordered the lobster bisque for an appetizer and sea bass with risotto as did several others. My wife ordered the filet Mignon. Others ordered different dishes. The food was incredibly delicious and plentiful. The only problem with the bisque is that I wanted more. My bass was perfectly cooked and the risotto was the best I have ever eaten. My wife's filet was also perfectly cooked. She raved about how flavorful and tender it was. Everyone was very happy with their food.

After the meal we ordered some desserts. Wonderful! The waiter then brought us some baked pineapple, saying the chef wanted us to try it. Wow! I asked the waiter what the pineapple was topped with, thinking it was cinnamon and something like amaretto. He said it was liquor 43 and cinnamon and then poured me a small drink to taste it.

We were all extremely impressed with the food, the ambiance of the room and the very friendly and attentive service...so much so, that I booked the restaurant for my daughter's baby shower. If you are looking for a great meal, a feeling of being a guest in someone's home, great service, you must come to the Chestnut Chateau.

• Visited December 2011