“Special Orders Don't Upset Us”

Union Plaza Diner & Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 148 Restaurants in Union
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 8, 2013

So , my friend and I had a meeting at the diner and my friend has both food allergies as well as strong food preferences. When he ordered a PLAIN GYRO both the waitress and I did a double take. What could that possibly be? Well, it's meat and pita, sauce on the side.

Well, we had a lot of fun after that. I ordered the chicken souvlaki gyro and it was excellent. The restaurant was clean, service wonderful and overall, just a great experience for a person who had never even been to the city before. I would definitely recommend this diner be on anyone's New Jersey Diner experience tour.

1  Thank webmavennj

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This diner has better, tastier and higher quality food than most. When you're trying to please everyone and can't decide on one style food, this diner has a wide variety of styles that will satisfy all. Prices are very reasonable. Service is good and fast. This is not fine dining we're still discussing a diner, this one is finer.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We first noticed how clean the diner was after we were seated by the friendly hostess. The menu is very large and the food is delicious. Nice presentation and the waitress made sure we were happy. We did not have desert but, upon seeing the display on the way out we turned around and decided to share a piece of pie, delicious!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I can't believe this place didn't get better reviews! It's been consistently amazing. Never had a bad meal there. The menu is expansive; they can accommodate dietary requests, friendly staff, and they don't nickel-and-dime you. They do not charge for subbing egg whites for your eggs....no other diners we're aware of do that! Great place! Cant go wrong.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our family loves this place. It has everything you would expect from a NJ diner - breakfast 24/7, large menu, oversized baked goods and fast service. They also have a liquor license, which is a nice plus. Our favorite items on the menu are the omelets, French toast, burgers and quesadillas. My guys usually order the brownie sundae for dessert, which of course is huge.

Been to Union Plaza Diner & Restaurant? Share your experiences!