“4.5 stars for best restaurant w/in reasonable drive from Short Hills”
Review of Benito Restaurant

Benito Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Benito Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 148 Restaurants in Union
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Galloping Hill Rd
Description: Ristorante da Benito boasts exquisite cuisine complimented with our extensive for a unique and memorable dining experience at this top New Jersey restaurant. Our award winning wine list, featuring hundreds of names to choose from including the very best from Italy, France and California will take you on a worldly tour of varietals of all types. Attention to detail defines "Fine Dining" at Ristorante da Benito. With immaculate white table linens on every table and a professional wait staff will cater to your every wish. Our menu is as rich in flavor as it is diverse and incorporating local grown vegetables, homemade pastas, aged steaks that rival the best steakhouses and fresh wild seafood creates a menu that has to be tasted to be appreciated. For a refreshingly delicious meal to remember, come take a seat with us at Ristorante da Benito!
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Impressive wine list; solicitous and super nice/knowledgeable owner; warm welcome and very, very good food. Is it Da Felicin in Monforte d'Alba, no...but that's a pretty long flight. Would it merit 5 stars in NYC, no, but it is repeatedly (and we've been at least half a dozen times) and consistently very, very good. Food is fresh and they're happy to customize. I love the soups. The osso bucco is decadent and luscious. I've never done the sushi (yes, they have sushi) but the wine list is replete with great bottles of barolo, barbaresco, burgundy and other finds at prices that are very appropriate/fair. Enjoy. Tutti va bene at Da Benito!

3  Thank EdGrapeZ

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Food, service, wine list and cocktails all top notch. Mr. Benito and his staff will treat you like a king and the kitchen will make you anything within reason. Try the cheese ravioli which is not on the menu, to die for. We have been going to Benito's for over 15 years and it is fantastic for business dinners as well as family nights. Well worth finding.

2  Thank NYSEski
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My hubby and I celebrated our 5th year anniversary @ Ristorante Da Benito and really glad we did! We were seated promptly and greeted by a friendly waiter. The host could have been nicer but didn't really bother us. The food that we ordered were all amazing and the chef came out to say hello. We thanked him for making such great dishes and he seemed to like it and very passionate about his craft.

I can't believe it took us 3 years to try this place! Definitely going back to try their other dishes.

2  Thank Gailstrails
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The service was excellent. The food was also very good, the mushroom risotto was outstanding. A little pricy.

2  Thank MEGADAN
Reviewed January 8, 2012

My wife and I went to Da Benito on the spur of the moment on a week night, based on a recommendation from a friend. We were seated immediately. I was reminded of a restaurant Marlon Brando might have visited in the Godfather - old school Italian. The staff and coat person were all very pleasant and helpful. The food was certainly tasty enough - I thought the prices a bit high - $24 for linguini with clam sauce and wine by the glass for $10? On the other hand, I had a spill of clam sauce on my sleeve, and while dabbing at it with a napkin dipped in water, a waiter came over with a glass of seltzer unasked and offered it to me - he had seem me working on my stain! Fantastic service! If you like a great Italian dining experience and aren;t afraid to pay for it, this is a place for you.

2  Thank Nomad0921