“Disco Rodizio?”
Review of Rio Rodizio

Rio Rodizio
Reserve with OpenTable
Rio Rodizio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 149 Restaurants in Union
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 22 West
Transit: NJ Transit to Union Station
Description: Rio Rodizio is an “All-You-Can-Eat” dining experience like no other. Sit back, unwind and enjoy the truly unique Brazilian Steakhouse atmosphere where you will feast on a non-stop parade of freshly prepared food. The savory cuts of meat and poultry are brought to your table and carved tableside by authentic Gaucho chefs.To begin your experience Rio Rodizio has created an Ultimate Feast designed to please your hunger. Our lavish feast offers a wide variety of hot and cold dishes prepared fresh daily. The vibrant colors and arousing aromas of every platter will be sure to attract your senses. From fresh fruits and vegetables to tradtiional chicken salad, our selection of cold items will be prepared to please your taste buds. To make our feast especially unique, everyday a variety of sizzling hot dishes will be cooked to perfection. From seared tilapia to homemade lasagna, you can be sure there will be many options to keep you happy and satisfied. You may enjoy Rodizio & Ultimate Feast as much as you’d like, so take your time, relax and savor every bite.
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This was our first Rodizio experience, my husband's birthday, party of 5. We wanted to try something different other than our typical sit down so we gave it a try. The meats were tasty and plentiful with a good variety. The staff was extremely friendly. The place has a "party room" with an open door way. After we were comfortably seated and our Rodizio had started,a DJ then got underway in the party room. It was extremely loud! We could not converse, nor hear the waiters when they came to the table, our chairs were vibrating! We were stunned and everyone at the table was unhappy, it was like being at a club. WHAT????? I quickly found the manager,Richard. The manager resolved the problem and agreed to move us to a table toward the back of the resturant. We really thought our night would be a bust,but thanks to Richard it was saved. I thought the service was very good, the Rodizio was good and good drinks. It's a casual place and reasonably priced,15% gratuity added to the check which was fine because we usually tip 20 or better. I would recommend trying it. Bring your appetite and just be sure to inquire upon making a reservation that there is no private affair going on during your reservation.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Six of us went for a birthday celebration. The service was great, the food was great, the drinks were great. We had 1 vegetarian in the group who was very satisfied too! The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was that the meat slowed down later in our meal. I attribute this to our going on Sunday night on a beautiful summer day so it wasn't busy at all. We'd definitely go back, just at a better time.
They added on a 15% tip; I added to that. Just be aware.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

staff need to be training
The rice was cold, and I am suppose to wait for the little frame to warm the rice?
I didn't want confrontation because I have my nieces with me.
1. Beans was just open from can and place on the serving container
2. Vinagrate is a tipical Brazilian salad, wasn't there
3. Friday and Saturday Brazilian restaurants serve feijoada
4. The rice beside been cold (the Brazilian main dish) did not taste Brazilian at all
5. The chicken stroganoff wasn't Brazilian style
6. Chicken terrine is not Brazilian food
7. The squid salad was over cooked and didn't have any taste
8. The salad with shrimp had the shrimp over cooked as well
9. The farrofa has no touch
10. The coxinha was so terrible looking that I couldn't not even taste. And the list goes on
I just expend $100.00 for a very bad food and experience.
Sorry, but to have a chef who is not Brazilian the manage should know how Brazilian food taste and look like.
And next time something is clearly bad, like the rice is cold do something reasonable, like bring a warm reheated container to the table, customer care.

6  Thank lailaed
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The Rodizio is awesome. My wife really enjoys the sushi and we both love the bar and the atmosphere. The bar menu is a plus for a quick night out and the special drinks are fantastic. Richie is an awesome Manager and has really built the place up. What more could you want: good food, drinks and atmosphere with an enjoyable staff.

1  Thank NY_Yank1
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The food was good and tasty. Waiter was lacking a bit as he didn't check in often enough. Meat server whose name is Marlon was great. Very accommodating and remembered we only wanted well done meat. He offered us fresh pineapples and added extra cinnamon. The plate was FULL of fruit and was not a part of the lunch rodizio. If the meat was too rare he went and brought out what we liked without asking. I will go back and hopefully Marlon is the meat server.

1  Thank Roland T

Been to Rio Rodizio? Share your experiences!