“Rio what can I say..”
Review of Rio Rodizio

Rio Rodizio
Reserve with OpenTable
Rio Rodizio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 157 Restaurants in Union
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 22 West
Transit: NJ Transit to Union Station
Description: Rio Rodizio is an “All-You-Can-Eat” dining experience like no other. Sit back, unwind and enjoy the truly unique Brazilian Steakhouse atmosphere where you will feast on a non-stop parade of freshly prepared food. The savory cuts of meat and poultry are brought to your table and carved tableside by authentic Gaucho chefs.To begin your experience Rio Rodizio has created an Ultimate Feast designed to please your hunger. Our lavish feast offers a wide variety of hot and cold dishes prepared fresh daily. The vibrant colors and arousing aromas of every platter will be sure to attract your senses. From fresh fruits and vegetables to tradtiional chicken salad, our selection of cold items will be prepared to please your taste buds. To make our feast especially unique, everyday a variety of sizzling hot dishes will be cooked to perfection. From seared tilapia to homemade lasagna, you can be sure there will be many options to keep you happy and satisfied. You may enjoy Rodizio & Ultimate Feast as much as you’d like, so take your time, relax and savor every bite.
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This place has a very nice ambiance, the set up is a Lil tight in one of the dining areas especially if you are situated in the corner makes it difficult for the servers with the meats to move around. The salad bar was excellent I really enjoyed it I would say more than the actual Rodizio. The meats are a bit salty. They automatically add a gratuity to your bill no matter how many guests at your table. I guess it could be good or bad depending on the service you received. I can tell you I did not appreciate paying my bill and not receiving my change in return without telling them they can keep it. Overall not such a bad experience.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

The Rio Brazilian restaurant has interesting service and food presentation. There is a place card at each seat. One side informs the wait staff to continue to bring a variety of meats on a skewer. The other simple says STOP. The staff cuts the meat right off the skewer in front of you. The service is pretty cool. They have an excellent salad bar and drink bar as well. If you want something different, I would try it. Happy travels!

2  Thank worldtravelier
Reviewed January 8, 2012

If you want good rodizio in the general vicinity, you really can't beat the places in Newark.Our visit to this Brazillian BBQ the meats seemed salty, and some were tough. Also, the extras that normally accompany rodizio just weren't as tasty and unique as one would expect (fried plantains, rice, beans, fries, etc).

However, that being said Rio 22 isn't getting a (4) rating based upon a negative review. Our next visit will definitely consist of getting an entree of the menu which will conveniently be taken To Go, and adding on the additional salad bar. It should probably be called a buffet rather than a salad bar.because the hot choices were excellent! Even salad options were impressive.

Clean place with decent service for an early Sunday afternoon. Would repeat!

3  Thank papichulito
Reviewed September 18, 2011

my fiance & I are regular's here. I also bring my coworkers friends & family here . We all love it!!! Sangria is to die for. Place is very nice & food is superb!!!!

Reviewed July 31, 2011

We have been to this restaurant 3 times. The first time was good, second time was better and the third time made me never want to go back.

The last time the food was not good, they kept bringing the same meat over and over again with not a large selection for the rodizio. The service the last time that we went was even worse than the food, asked for a refill, never got it, asked again, still never got it. We all ordered cappucinos with dessert, they used sour milk and they were as disgusting as the food was.

The place itself is very nice but everything is too close together and hard to squeeze through.

2  Thank NickyT711

Been to Rio Rodizio? Share your experiences!