All reviews long beach island breakfast was delicious fresh fruit antique furniture home away from home room was spacious catherine hosts thomson lorenzo comfort guests nj sheets
Reviewed May 6, 2018

I booked a one night stay for my great-nephew's First Communion and was so pleasantly surprised with my excellent choice of J.D. Thompson Inn, that I am sure I will be returning soon and often. Catherine and Lorenzo are charming and welcoming hosts who live on premises which adds to the feeling of personal care and comfort. The photo in this ad is of the actual room in which I stayed, spacious and well appointed. Breakfast was delicious and made to order. What more can I say? J.D. Thompson's is truly a home away from home!

Room Tip: Not handicapped friendly per se but I managed fine with MS.
Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

Located on the main road (you wouldn’t know it if you just drove by). Nice old decor and nice back yard. It has different theme for each room. We stayed in the ducks room (119 and a half of them). Clean and comfortable. The hosts were very friendly informative and eager to please. Breakfast was ok - no chef’s table, simple and homey.
If internet connection is important to you, ask for a room that is closer to the wifi.
In general, a very nice experience.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
JDThompson, Owner at J. D. Thompson Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Glad you enjoyed your stay. We are having some Comcast issues which we are in the process of resolving and we thank you for letting us know you were having a signal issue. It was a pleasure meeting you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn.

Reviewed December 12, 2017

We stayed at the JD Thompson Inn B&B in December 2017. It was a cold Friday night and we we're the only guests that evening. The Inn is lovely and chock full of antiques. The couple who run the Inn were friendly and welcoming. The bed was comfortable, the sheets were soft and the place was very clean. That was the good.

Our room got to well over 90 degrees at night. it was sweltering hot. The heat must have been on full blast, and although the rest of the place was comfortable, our bedroom was a sauna. The pre-breakfast coffee was not very good. It tasted like store-brand. Although the fresh-cooked omelet was nice, the pastry and fruit that was served with it were not fresh (I know that it was December, so fresh fruit was too much to ask for, but don't serve it if it isn't right).

I have a felling, based on the other reviews here, that this place does a better job in the summer when they have more guests. I would not rule out coming back if I were in Tucketeron for the night, but I might look for other options as well.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

This beautiful little Bed and Breakfast in Tuckerton NJ is very close to Long Beach Island. The Inn keepers were very welcoming and accommodating when we made a last minute reservation. The price was excellent considering how close it was to Long Beach Island but at a fraction of the cost that you would pay on Long Beach Island proper. The room was spacious and quaint. The breakfast was delicious and parking was free.

My husband and I can't wait to go back again next summer. Don't miss out on this hidden treasure.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
JDThompson, Owner at J. D. Thompson Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

Thank you! So glad you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn.

Reviewed May 7, 2017

My wife and i stayed here to visit family. I am a life long resident but moved away. I was visiting some family and friends and we decided to stay here since we didn't want to pressure anyone to put us up. this is a great B&B. this is the old billy Mott house. we loved our stay there and we would stay there again. although we wish they had king beds.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple