All reviews long beach island breakfast was delicious fresh fruit antique furniture home away from home room was spacious catherine hosts thomson lorenzo comfort guests nj sheets
Reviewed December 12, 2017

We stayed at the JD Thompson Inn B&B in December 2017. It was a cold Friday night and we we're the only guests that evening. The Inn is lovely and chock full of antiques. The couple who run the Inn were friendly and welcoming. The bed was comfortable, the sheets were soft and the place was very clean. That was the good.

Our room got to well over 90 degrees at night. it was sweltering hot. The heat must have been on full blast, and although the rest of the place was comfortable, our bedroom was a sauna. The pre-breakfast coffee was not very good. It tasted like store-brand. Although the fresh-cooked omelet was nice, the pastry and fruit that was served with it were not fresh (I know that it was December, so fresh fruit was too much to ask for, but don't serve it if it isn't right).

I have a felling, based on the other reviews here, that this place does a better job in the summer when they have more guests. I would not rule out coming back if I were in Tucketeron for the night, but I might look for other options as well.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

This beautiful little Bed and Breakfast in Tuckerton NJ is very close to Long Beach Island. The Inn keepers were very welcoming and accommodating when we made a last minute reservation. The price was excellent considering how close it was to Long Beach Island but at a fraction of the cost that you would pay on Long Beach Island proper. The room was spacious and quaint. The breakfast was delicious and parking was free.

My husband and I can't wait to go back again next summer. Don't miss out on this hidden treasure.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
JDThompson, Owner at J. D. Thompson Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

Thank you! So glad you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn.

Reviewed May 7, 2017

My wife and i stayed here to visit family. I am a life long resident but moved away. I was visiting some family and friends and we decided to stay here since we didn't want to pressure anyone to put us up. this is a great B&B. this is the old billy Mott house. we loved our stay there and we would stay there again. although we wish they had king beds.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2017

Beautiful historic home,perfect host couple who are interesting to talk to and great cooks!The Inn is very clean and bed comfy.Can't wait to return to enjoy the backyard garden and deck.See you soon Catherine and Lorenzo

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2016

I just stayed for three wonderful days and nights at the J.D. Thompson Inn. Innkeepers Lorenzo and Catherine were the perfect hosts. They are both very warm, kind and caring people.The inn is immaculate and very comfortably appointed with two sitting areas, a dining area and outdoor sitting on their two porches. There is plenty of parking on their lot. My room was cozy and warm. My bed was very comfortable. All seven rooms at the Inn have their own bathrooms. Lorenzo and Catherine prepared a different and delicious breakfast for me each morning. The accommodations, the food and my hosts-It doesn't get better than this.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends