All reviews long beach island breakfast was delicious fresh fruit antique furniture home away from home room was spacious catherine hosts thomson lorenzo comfort guests nj sheets
Reviewed January 19, 2015

Four of us spent a recent weekend at the JD Thompson Inn while visiting family and friends in southern NJ. The Inn itself is a lovely Victorian-era home (converted to an inn), reminiscent of Cape May. The owners, Catherine and Lorenzo, are extraordinarily warm and welcoming. 'Enzo's breakfasts are a culinary treat, and all the little free "extras" they provide just add to the enjoyment. They go the "extra mile" to make guests happy. Too bad they don't have a restaurant that serves dinner!

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled with friends
2  Thank AM1942
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We're already planning for next year! Recently stayed here for two nights and it really was fantastic. The room was lovely (we stayed in Room #1) although the traffic noise was a little loud (there were ear plugs furnished by the Inn already in the room). The traffic did settle down at night so it wasn't that big of a deal. The room was spacious and furnishings were beautiful. I wouldn't have minded a bit more water pressure in the shower, but it wasn't terrible.

Now, the food... That was fantastic! Saturday morning was fresh blueberry pancakes and sausage. mmmmmmm!!! There was also a delicious apple cake and fresh fruit. The coffee was excellent as well and they even set up the coffee maker in case you are an early riser, you can just hit the start button to brew a pot! Sunday morning we had fantastic omelets made with fresh herbs from their garden and zucchini and ham. SO GOOD! The omelet was served with home made cornbread and there was also delicious banana bread and fresh fruit available. We wanted to ask for seconds on the omelets they were so fantastic.

The owners are friendly and helpful without being intrusive. The area is perfect, an easy drive to AC or LBI. Great alternative to cookie-cutter hotels. For the same price, you get personal service and an amazing breakfast. I would definitely recommend you stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank honidewgirl
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We recently had the opportunity to stay here last weekend (7/11/14-7/13/14) & I find it very hard to put into words what a truly wonderful & amazing place this is. The inn itself is extremely beautiful, clean, well kept, & beautifully decorated, and yet we felt so comfortable & at home here that it was so very relaxing. The owners, Catherine & Lorenzo; are the nicest, most accommodating, & hospitable Innkeepers it has ever been our pleasure to meet, & in this day & age that is really saying something. Their breakfast meal was so absolutely delicious that I swore I was eating a meal at the Ritz-Carlton. This family owned & operated establishment is the nicest B&B that we have ever stayed at after 28 years of marriage "get away weekends" that we will be sure to return here quite often. Also, we felt that the costs here are so extremely reasonable in comparison to other establishments (that are nowhere as nice all of the way around) this Inn is such a real bargain financially. In closing, let me just say that if you are going to be in the general area of this establishment, you would be truly amazed & pleased with your stay here, and like us, will make it a point to come back & back again !!! Bill & Cathy Rafferty, Havertown, PA.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is an amazing B&B. The owners, Lorenzo & Catherine are so welcoming, genuinely enjoy their visitors. The breakfasts are beyond scrumptious and refreshing with fresh fruit; breakfast cake; Catherine's homemade jams are WOW!! Lorenzo w/cook up & create various home cooked breakfast entrees' i.e. French Toast, Omelet lightly filled w/Mozzarella Cheese, organic grown herbs. Let's say, I've never tasted anything so delicious! Offer Juices, Bottle Water, Coffee, Tea incl Herb Teas available 24/7 if like me you desire hot cup Peppermint tea before bed:)

The room I stayed #5 was so inviting, comfortable and peaceful w/comforts of access to todays internet however I found I did not go on as much as I usually do. You see, I lost my husband a few months ago after several years of illness. This was the 1st long trip, well any trip and I stayed at a hotel on way up though it was nice & clean you basically were another $$$$$. I was working on my "Past Bucket List" which incl Mystic Islands where I spent some summers, visiting my aunt & uncle who had a home on the water since 1966 till they both passed in recent yrs. So wanted to go by there one more time also visit a very close friend, Patsy who lives in the area too. Then hit the Jersey Shore too but also the LBI-Barnegat Lighthouse...love Lighthouses and Covered Bridges not to mention Architecture incl Victorian.

So when I found this B&B online it was a prayer answered because I've always wanted to stay in a B&B too. I felt so comfortable from day one (stayed 3 days), felt the most relaxed in years, literally!! Then on my 2nd day while relaxing prior to going to Seaside Heights to meet up w/old friends, I was overcome with a strong feeling of peace then for the 1st time since my husband passed, I felt and realized thru it all and still have ways to go for my grief to ease...I'll be okay!!! I know I was meant to be at this heavenly Bed & Breakfast...J.D. Thompson Inn.

I am planning to revisit in the fall as I want to see the area again w/it's beautiful array of Foliage. Also this is the time of my husband's 1 yr anniversary of his passing when he came home w/Hospice so I know for this first one I can't be here. My memories and feeling I get when I think of this special serene B&B, I know that is where I need to be then. I highly recommend trying an experience you'll always remember.

The Gazebo and gardens are wonderful. love the easy accessibility to local attractions, LBI, Seaside, & more. Oh and you probably w/get to meet Catherine & Lorenzo's mom...she is so sweet:))) So Lorenzo & Catherine, THANK YOU for providing such beautiful, enjoyable, relaxing accommodations' and conversations incl laughs. Will revisit in the Fall.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Carol M
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We were visiting friends in the area and needed a place to stay for several days. Lucky for us, this pleasant B&B was located nearby and provided a wonderful place to serve as our home base. The house is easy to find and park at, and surprisingly quiet being on the main road through Tuckerton. My wife and I stayed in room #3 and our son stayed in room #5; both rooms were very clean and comfortable. Son mentioned that the water pressure in his shower could have been better, but that was his (our) only complaint. The breakfasts provided each morning
were delicious and the hospitality shown by our hosts was very welcoming and friendly, without
being intrusive. The price was more than we usually spend, since we needed 2 rooms; but for just a couple, it would be considered reasonable. All in all in was a lovely stay in the Jersey Shore Pinelands.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family