“Great food”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great food”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We tried this place because we had a restaurant.com gift card and we the service and food was very good. No it is not a 5 star restaurant but the people who work there and the food made it a great dinner. It looks like a pizza place from the front but the back room is nice. I would certainly go back another time in the near future...

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank yummimummi1

Glen Allen, Virginia
“Very good food, except they gave me the wrong meat and a room temperature Pepsi.”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I was staying at a local hotel and I decided to eat at this restaurant based on the good reviews. Due to issues with the hotel's shuttle schedule, I decided to have my food delivered. I ordered the veal parmigiana with fettucinne alfredo. I also ordered a cannoli for dessert. I was told it would be delivered within 45 - 60 minutes becuase they were busy. I called after an hour and was told that it should be there any minute. The lady on the phone was not very friendly.

I will talk about the positives first. All of the food was very good. The major problem was that I ordered veal parmigiana, but they gave me chicken parmigiana (and I was charged for veal). The chicken parmigiana was very large and had good flavor, although they were a bit heavy handed with the breading. The fettuccine alfredo was also very good. It was not runny like a lot of them that I have tried. The same can be said for the cannolli. It was completely filled (which is always a plus) and the filling was pretty sweet.

Now for the negatives. First, I ordered veal, not chicken (see above). Second, I ordered a 20 oz Pepsi with my dinner. I assumed it would be cold. It was not. Third, someone at the hotel told me delivery was $1. I calculated my dinner to be $24 + tax + delivery. It ended up being $29. I do not know how that is unless food taxes in NJ are sky high. I am assuming that delivery is more than $1. Either way, the reciept did not provide a breakdown, so beware that the delivery charge may be somewhat high.

Overall, it was average. It would have been very good if they gave me the correct food and a cold Pepsi.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank kandkwed
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Never disappointed”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife and I live around the corner. We either eat at, or get takeouts from, Mamma Floras 2-3 times per month, so I thought I should add my comments as well to TA, as they are well deserved.

We are never ever disappointed. For starters, the owner is almost always there (if he's not, his son is), and they are always pleasant. You can tell he takes pride in what he does. The service is always efficient, but if you're lucky enough to have Rich as your waiter, you will be very pleased.

Everything from the sandwiches, to the pizza, to the seafood, are all fantastic, but some things that stand out are 1) the dinner rolls are freshly baked in the brick oven and are served warm, 2) The house salad dressing is incredible. 3) The Fried Calamari is literally some of the best I've had. 4) The Chicken Fra Diavolo is my favorite and the Saltimboca is my wife's. 5) The marinara sauce is great as well. I have to believe that everything is fresh and made to order.

If someone were to ask me for my favorite 5 places to eat in the U.S., Mamma Floras would be on that list, along with Michael Timothy's in New Hampshire, Blue Point Grill in Princeton, and Aldo Lamberti's in Cherry Hill. Mamma Floras is not fancy like the others, but has it's own charm, and offers fantastic comfort food with that cozy hometown feel.

It's a BYO, and Jack's Wine Sense is next door. Again, another owner that loves what he does and takes pride in his business. Don't hesitate to stop in there. He has a good selection of wines that are not run-of-the-mill.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank darylv1
Okeechobee, Florida
“Excellent Antipasto lunch!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife and I stopped in to Mamma Flora's on a Saturday while in the area for a wedding. Wanting to eat lightly, we decided to share an antipasto salad. It was excellent! It was a bit slow in the restaurant, but our server was super attentive, making sure we had cheese, bread, re-fills on drinks etc. In the end it wasn't a light lunch - because the salad was huge - but that's not a bad thing! The price was excellent too. They're kind of hidden at the end of a strip mall, so they're a bit hard to find. We new about them because we were staying at a hotel near the Trenton airport and the hotel had given us a delivery menu from Momma Flora's. I'm glad we ate there and would recommend it to anyone wanting to enjoy a good Italian meal!

• Visited July 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Surprised Business Traveler”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

BYOB! There is a decent wine store next door.

I was traveling through town and went to this restaurant based on the reviews.

I almost walked out. It is in a strip mall and the atmosphere is rather low-brow. I ordered some pasta, which came with a salad. The salad looked like it had been thrown together a few hours earlier - nothing special at all. The pasta was very good, though, and was a huge portion. I was impressed. And glad I didn't leave, of course.

It was vodka sauce, though. Hard to mess that up. Take this for what you will....

Visited June 2013