“Resting on their laurels”

Revere Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #8 of 258 Restaurants in Trenton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I am a long time customer of Revere Ristorante on RT 29. The food is always excellent and the wine selection is reasonably priced. Veal chop is my go to favorite and the shrimp scampi risotto special running a close second. I have to say my last couple of times in the service has been a little off. My guess is since Joe has been spending time at the Hamilton grill the staff has gotten a little lazy. Bottom line is I will return just not as often. The food is just too good to give up.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We went there on two different occasions. the first time a party of 7 and since we were a larger party i assumed the food was bad because there were so many of us to keep happy. how hard is it to cook a steak and lamb chops to the correct temp (instead of medium rare and rare we got medium well to well!) at any rate we tried it again. this time a party of two. the filet mignon was ordered rare and arrived not only unseasoned and bland but cold inside! during the meal there was a steak special that was plated on a sizzling plate that created such a large amount of smoke in the dimly lit dining room that it made us choke! needless to say - large party or small - a horrible dining experience.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I went once last year because so many of our golfing friends go here regularly. They all know the maitre'd, they all have their favorite entrees. So we went. We waited awhile for our drinks. The two entrees we tried were mediocre. The place was dark and jammed with people and evidently not enough servers. And the guy at the bar who was pawing his girlfriend was seated behind us so the couple with us watched them all night. Having said all that my friends are stunned and have begged we give it another try. We're foodies and I'm sure we will but that night? Wasn't "it".

Reviewed January 1, 2013

If fine Italian food at a good price is what you're looking for, the Revere in West Trenton, NJ is for you. And to top it off, they are well known for their martini bar.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Our office (a group of about 15) just had its holiday lunch at Revere. The food was universally tasteless. Although I was initially uncertain if my reaction to the food was isolated, my co-workers were all in agreement that the meal was a huge disappointment. To start, the house salad was really tired, colorless lettuce with very tart dressing .... with no expected extras like tomatoes, onions, croutons, etc. JUST lettuce. I then ordered the "Veal Revere" as my main dish which had been described by the server as “veal topped with bruschetta.” No exaggeration ... ZERO flavor. Absolutely no flavor to the paper-thin veal or the topping. And lastly, when the server came around to take dessert orders, I asked for a cappuccino and was told I could have espresso, but no cappuccino. When I inquired how they could make one, but not the other, I was told "we have no milk." When I declined the espresso, the server asked if I would like coffee ... to which I responded, "No thank you .... you have no milk."