“Truly tasteless food”

Revere Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #9 of 257 Restaurants in Trenton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sea Girt, NJ
“Truly tasteless food”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Our office (a group of about 15) just had its holiday lunch at Revere. The food was universally tasteless. Although I was initially uncertain if my reaction to the food was isolated, my co-workers were all in agreement that the meal was a huge disappointment. To start, the house salad was really tired, colorless lettuce with very tart dressing .... with no expected extras like tomatoes, onions, croutons, etc. JUST lettuce. I then ordered the "Veal Revere" as my main dish which had been described by the server as “veal topped with bruschetta.” No exaggeration ... ZERO flavor. Absolutely no flavor to the paper-thin veal or the topping. And lastly, when the server came around to take dessert orders, I asked for a cappuccino and was told I could have espresso, but no cappuccino. When I inquired how they could make one, but not the other, I was told "we have no milk." When I declined the espresso, the server asked if I would like coffee ... to which I responded, "No thank you .... you have no milk."

• Visited December 2012

New Jersey
“totally not happy”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

i hosted a party of six. i ordered the veal chop - it had the consistency of sheet rock, totally inedible. since i recommended the restaurant, i did not want to start the whole issue of sending it back among my guests. this restaurant will never see me again.

• Visited December 2012
Washington Crossing, PA
“Its just fine”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is a fine place to go if you know how to order....The pasta portions are gigantic so either plan on taking half home or ASK FOR HALF PORTIONS...I often forget this myself.
They prepare a great blue cheese salad and have a nice selection on the menu.
Yes it is pricey...thus the average rating...but it is a nice and comfortable place to be. I have been there many times and the service has almost always been good. The one time it wasnt was a pretty big blunder as after my companion was told the pasta pomodora was meatless...we found meat in the dish. UH OH
For the area I would say it is average.

• Visited November 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Great Italian food in a cozy, classic atmosphere”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Recently visiting the Trenton/Ewing/Hopewell area for business and asked a local for a recommendation on where to eat Italian. He recommended Revere and I highly enjoyed it. The portions are huge so there's no reason anyone should ever leave hungry. The wait staff are all knowledgeable about the daily specials or any details or questions you may have about individual entrees. The Sinatra music on the house sound system was just the icing on the cake. Very good meal and I highly recommend a visit any time you're in the area.

• Visited September 2012
Hillsborough, New Jersey
“Sometimes really good and sometimes just okay”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Don't know if there is a different chef some nights because the food is uneven. Some nights it is really good and I can order the same dish another night and its awful. The bread is the only consistently great thing. Service sometimes lags depending on who your server is. It would be a home run place if the food was consistent. Can't live on bread alone. Drinks are good, usually a qualified bartender is on duty.

• Visited June 2012

Been to Revere Ristorante Italiano? Share your experiences!