“Might not look like much, but tastes fabulous”

Taqueria El Mariachi
Ranked #114 of 258 Restaurants in Trenton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 17, 2013

A work colleague took me here for lunch. I was a tad bit apprehensive when we parked her BMW half on the sidewalk and half in the road, and then approached an awning that could use some sprucing up. Place was spotless clean, wait staff very pleasant, decor very plain , BUT THE FOOD WAS AWESOME. I was actually pleasantly shocked. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank 19mrpb58

Reviewed June 18, 2012

The decor and location may be somewhat off putting, but don't let your first impressions win.
This is a really great restaurant. The food quality is really good.
Bring your Spanish: they hardly speak a word of English here.
We keep going back.
Very friendly.
Full of Spanish-speaking patrons with their families.
Make sure you order the guacamole which is a bargain and very, very good.
I often have the garlic shrimp which are served (like most of their dishes) with an over-abundance of food. You will need a doggy-bag.

1  Thank NorthSouth
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My friend Paul said this place had it all . It does,,, I had tacos with marinated pork, he had tacos with tounge! Very addicting food

1  Thank Adam B
Reviewed January 2, 2010

Just had lunch at this place with my husband. The place is tiny but the service is friendly and fairly quick. For the non spanish speaker there are English descriptions on the menu. I had the papusas con loroco which are homemade corn tortillas filled with cheese and edible flowers that are similar to broccoli. My husband had the tostadas de pollo. Entrees are served with guacamole, green and red salsas. The ingredients were so fresh, the portions huge and the price was great. (2 drinks, 2 entrees plus tip for under $20) We both highly recommend!

Note: Hours are Wed-Mon 10am-10pm (closed Tuesdays), parking is in the rear, and this is a CASH ONLY establishment.

3  Thank sucutie01

Been to Taqueria El Mariachi? Share your experiences!