“Bad Food, Bad Service, and Bad Location Equals Not Going Back” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Danube Restaurant

Blue Danube Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 256 Restaurants in Trenton
Cuisines: German, Polish, European, Eastern European, Central European, Hungarian, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Bad Food, Bad Service, and Bad Location Equals Not Going Back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

After our Valentines Day meal at the Blue Danube and having read the previous glowing reviews of the restaurant, my wife and I left thinking, "Are there two Blue Danubes in Trenton???" Because the one we just visited was just a plain horrible dining experience.

Where to begin? Well I suppose it would be when we entered the place. There were three ladies sitting at the bar having a lively conversation. We stood for about 5 minutes at the entrance to the dining room when one of the ladies turned and said "Be with ya in a minute hun.....". And then went right back to her conversation with the other ladies. Yeah, that was the wait staff there.

And that pretty much represents the standard of service for the evening.

When we were finally seated it took 20 minutes before the same waitress returned to take our order............... and still no drinks. Food service was extremely slow. And the food that came out was really not good.

I lived in Budapest, Hungary for two years and traveled throughout Eastern Europe. Pierogies here were ok. Stuffed cabbage decent. My beef goulash was just horrible and tasteless. I seriously think the gravy was made with one of those store packets. My wife really wanted some of their seafood........ but supposedly the seafood delivery didnt arrive that day........ none available.

By the time we were finally finished with the meal nearly two hours later we were just relieved to get out of there. Oh, but only after another extended wait for the bill.

In summary, food was bland, flavorless, and not tasty. Service was virtually non-existent and grumpy.

This is not the hidden gem of Trenton as previously described. We're not returning.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank hoyasaxa90

Chesterfield, NJ
“Food is Terrific but Service Can Be Slow - But That Is Fine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

What a great find here in central NJ. The food is outstanding home style cooking at a great price. Service can sometimes be a bit slow and uninspired but that is fine since the food is so good and it ensures that you are not pushed through your meal. Blue Danube is really worth visiting!

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Princeton, New Jersey
“Superb Eastern European Food in Trenton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

The Blue Danube offers a wonderful variety of Eastern European cuisine: Hungarian, Polish, Slovak, German, in a cozy setting, complete with full bar. Whether your taste runs to schnitzel, or chicken paprikash, or stuffed cabbage, kielbasi, or goulash, you'll find something delicious on this menu. They offer regional "nights" (Hungarian Night, Polish Night, etc.), but in my experience, they'll prepare any dish you ask for, any time. Of course their pierogis are wonderful, but then again, if you like this cuisine (and I love it!) you'll like everything that comes out of the kitchen. Top your dinner off with a glass of "Bull's Blood" wine, and you've got a taste treat that can't be duplicated within a considerable distance. I have been a regular, but not frequent, customer for years, and I always eagerly anticipate my next visit.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank MorayJohnny
Ewing NJ
“Wow what a treat, right in Chambersburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

I am concerned that by writing this review, too many of you are going to go to Blue Danube and we will not be able to get a table. But I guess I am going to have to take my changes and share this great find!

We had the Sampler appitizer, the tast of Europe and the Chicken Paprikash, all were excellent! The atmosphere is a lot like Grandma's home (If she had a full bar).

There is old world charm here that you will never get in a chain restaurant. We can not wait to go back!

• Visited November 2011
Hamilton, New Jersey
“Warm and Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

I just love the Blue Danube Restaurant. I reminds me of family run restaurants in Central Europe. The atmosphere is warm and pleasant, the service efficient, and the foodis absolutely delicious.

• Visited September 2011