“The view was ok, but that was all”

Rho Ristorante Discoteca
Ranked #156 of 259 Restaurants in Trenton
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

It was so loud that I couldn't focus on anything! My beer was all right, burger juicy enough. I sat outside for the view, and other folks tried to steal my chair. Not sure why I was there at all and am terribly disappointed as it should have been better.

1  Thank Cornerturned

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Let me state that I have always had a great time at Katmandu and Rho before. However, despite the fact that several people from my group called the night before to inquire about the cover charge policy, management did not honor the time limit. We were all told that a cover charge would not be required if we got there by 7 pm. We got there before 7 but was then told that the cover charge was now being taken at 6:30 pm. One of my friends who had gotten there earlier, spoke to the manager who refused to rescind the charges.

Then I asked to speak to the manager and the security guard lied and directed me to a female employee who was not the boss. I said that that wasn't the manager since my friend had already spoken to him. It turned out that the manager was standing behind me, without identifying himself. When I protested the cover charge, he said he did it because it was raining and the band was being moved inside. I told him that that was bad business practice but it did not matter to him. He said he couldn't do anything for me and still refused to refund the money.

My friends and I had a great time with the band anyway but it left a very bad taste in everyone's mouths. I have never gone to a club where the management arbitrarily changed the time of the cover charge. I told him that it was wrong, that he could have noted the change on the club's website and that he should have inform his employees to state that the cover charge policy could change when people called. I also told him that everyone would be telling their friends about this too.

Therefore, It appears that although the restaurant is repositioning itself for a more upscale clientele, its attitude towards its patrons is disrespectful and unprofessional. I am disappointed because Rho has so much more potential but will turn off people it this situation continues.

If you want people to come, you have to be consistent and fair. What a shame!

2  Thank Patsy O
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have always enjoyed Katmandu and really hoped that Rho, which now occupies its space, would be as good. It isn't.
We went there with 3 other couples on a Saturday night before a Trenton Thunder game. The service, while friendly, was totally incompetent. The waitress did not write anything down. She came back 10 minutes after we placed our order and asked us to repeat it.
One woman in our party ordered a Caesar salad and a sandwich. The waitress told her that the sandwich came with a choice of fries or a salad. The woman told that she would have fries. The waitress brought out a garden salad instead of the Caesar salad and brought another garden salad instead of fries.
The soup of the day was clam chowder. We got a blank look from the waitress when we asked her if it was Manhattan clam chowder or New England. After we explained the difference, she went the kitchen to check and then told us it was Manhattan. When she served it, it turned out to be - New England clam chowder.
The chowder was really good, so I was really looking forward to my entre, Chicken Marsala. It was a disappointment. The chicken was so salty as to be almost inedible. I am not one of those "no salt" fanatics and enjoy a reasonable amount on my food. My wife had Veal Marsala which was also very salty but not enough to ruin the meal.
One member of our party had Veal Parmigiana, another Veal Francais and the rest had sandwiches. They all said that their meals were good.
When the checks came, two out of four were wrong. They were corrected without a fuss, so no harm.
Rho is fairly new and they have a lot of kinks to work out with both the food and the service. I would not recommend it.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I ate at this restaurant exactly a year ago today and the food was pretty decent. This time around the food was really not good. A simple cheese steak sandwich had a greasy taste and fries were salty. I would only come to this restaurant for drinks and dancing.....I'm definitely not ordering any food.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Had the company Holiday party here 150+. Now is is always a challenge to serve that many so I didn't expect much but unfortunately that is what I got. Food (chicken Marsala) was dry with mashed potatoes scooped out with an I cream scoop and bland green beans. Salad was decent however. Atmosphere is like a discotheque - a big square room with huge bar on the side. Could see this being a roomy place to dance for the young ones. Overall go to dance, to eat.

1  Thank Skip H