“Best Polish food in West NJ”
Review of Rozmaryn

Rozmaryn
Ranked #10 of 258 Restaurants in Trenton
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This small place is a venue for Joanna to prepare authentic classic Polish food. A small quintessential Polish menu is presented without flair, but with true love. Pierogi, kielbasa, and best of all, potato pancakes are prepared just like my grandmother did. The menu is very cheap, and since we are in BYOB territory, a complete meal with leftovers can be had for $15. Bring vodka, and enjoy a slice of Poland.
Call ahead. Make sure Jo is open, and make a reservation. Just showing up can lead to being turned away do to a large party filling the place.

1  Thank jfp21
There are newer reviews for Rozmaryn

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We were going to a concert in Trenton, so we checked with Tripadvisor to learn the best places to eat while we were in town. From Rozmaryn's web page we clicked on a link that took us to a glowing New York Times review of the restaurant.

We've traveled to Poland, where we had some excellent meals, so we decided to give Rozmaryn a try. We were warmly greeted by the Polish lady who owns the restaurant. For an entree, my wife ordered a plate of three kinds of pierogies (potatoes and cheese, meat, and sauerkraut and mushroom) with sour cream, and I got the Polish Plate, with three pierogies, two potato pancakes, kielbasa, and sour cream. Everything was tasty and authentic.

The highlight of the meal was dessert: three of the best blintzes I've ever tasted. Filled with farmer's cheese, they're just out of this world. I understand that the Polish apple pie at the restaurant is outstanding, but it's going to be difficult for me to order anything but those blintzes. I might just make a meal of them.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I've eaten here a few times and it has always been very good to excellent. The owner is a very friendly and helpful woman.

The Food:
Tomato Soup - It was good but not amazing - pretty standard good flavor polish tomato soup

Farmer's Cheese Nalesniki - Excellent thin crepes stuffed with sweetend farmer's cheese/vanilla - My kids could not get enough

Pork Tenderloin Schnitzel (see photo) - This was excellent, served with the traditional egg on top. It was very tender and seasoned just right.

Gyspy Style Potato Pancake - Very good and a lot of food

I did see a couple bring a bottle of wine for dinner.

We had two small kids with us and there were some toys to keep them occupied - this worked out very well. The owner was very apologetic about the noise coming from the back area - she said she was having some windows replaced and the contractor was taking much longer than expected. She said she was worried because a few customers had complained about the noise during the day.

The Polish food style seemed very Warsaw style to me - a bit different from the southern Polish cuisine variations - but I love trying all the varieties

It's a small hole-in-the-wall - definitely a Polish vibe in the entry hallway (tiles stairs) and inside.
The area isn't the best but it's not Newark, Camden, or West Philly either - this is one thing I long for - a place like this in a nice Town (Newtown/Yardley) PA.

Definitely worth the 20min drive from PA!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

My brother and I just finished eating lunch at Rozmaryn and all I can say is mmmmmmmm!! We wound up going there based on some of the great reviews we read and almost al of the reviews were very positive and I totally agree. When we walked into this very non-descript looking restaurant, we were greeted like family from the owner Johanna who is as nice as they come in the restaurant business. We had the Polish platter appetizer with fabulous Kielbasa, 3 Pierogi and 2 Potato Pancakes and it was unbelievably delicious!! The main course I had was a chicken cutlets with sautéed fresh mushrooms on top and again, fantastic! My brother got the Schnitzel and that too was great. I am so glad that I found this restaurant and you will love both the food and Johanna as she welcomes you like family coming to her home. Thanks Johanna for a wonderful lunch with many more meals to come at your fabulous restaurant!

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to the restaurant and it won't be my last. Great food. My husband had the gypsy platter and I had the pork schnitzel with farmer cheese blintzes for desert. Everything was wonderful! The owner/chef Joanna couldn't be more charming. The ambience is cozy. Highly recommend. I read some reviews that said it is located in a "bad" area. I'm going to guess that these folks have never been in a working class neighborhood. I'm really looking forward my next visit and this restaurant has actually inspired me to think about going to Poland for my next vacation.