“Great neighborhood diner” 4 of 5 bubbles

Broad Street Diner
Ranked #34 of 256 Restaurants in Trenton
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Yardville, New Jersey
“Great neighborhood diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Broad Street Diner is a great example of the category. Typical layout with booths and tables. Typical menu with very good prices. Decent service most of the time. I would just note that it is NOT one of those stainless steel old-fashioned places though. The original diner burnt down some years ago so they rebuilt the building.

What makes it a great neighborhood diner is that everyone goes there. The parking lot is usually full. Many people nearby walk there.

I have eaten there multiple times with my daughter - all the teens love this place. The food was very good - I had sandwiches and desserts. Nothing crazy - just good decent grub. I particularly enjoyed a grilled cheese, bacon and tomato sandwich I had.

The service can be a little slow at times. The only bad food I had there was the worst rice pudding I have every had - hopefully, they changed it. The prices are reasonable.

They are open 24 hours so that is one of the big draws. The teens love to go here late at night and it is a nicer place than many in town for that. Plus, the cops all go here to eat so there are not too many shenanigans going on.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank NJDebster

“Clean with Good Service and Good Food at a Good Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

I had not been back to this diner in 20 years since I left Trenton to live in FL. But I went twice recently with my sister who lives nearby and enjoyed the experience. There are some nifty old pix on the walls of Trenton back in the day and the waitress was very helpful and sweet on both occasions. Yes, this place is open 24 by 7 and that is to accomodate the post bar crowd. But if you go during normal hours, I would not worry about fights!!!! So ignore that other review about fights. The crowd was very respectable when we were there. Families and local businesspeople. We shared a good meatloaf dinner and most meals include home made soup choices and that appeals to me alot. Portions are more than ample. An overall good diner experience. When you live outside NJ, you really miss the diners!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank SCRAPPYJupiter
Hamilton, New Jersey
“Nice Diner.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

I enjoyed my lunch, the price was reasonable, and I brought home my lunch for my husband.

3 Thank Thea49
Trenton, New Jersey
“Good breakfast menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

Good breakfast menu delivered to your table usually quite promptly.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Joe H
Hamilton, New Jersey
“average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

the food is diner food, they seem to rush you to turn the table, always a fight there late at night after the bars close.

Visited March 2012