“Ruby Lounge” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Totowa
Montclair, New Jersey
“Ruby Lounge”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This establishment caters to swingers and does not advertise as such. I went there not knowing, and, it was complete filth. People smoking pot in the parking lot and then performing sexual activity in the lounge in public.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank j a
Mohan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear J a,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding ruby lounge we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced at ruby lounge you are valued guest your business is very important to us we will definitely work on all your concerns about the ruby lounge. Your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly
we do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.
Mohan Maalepalli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had some technical difficulties (ac) during a heat wave and they were quick to respond and accommodating. I was impressed Latoya at the Front Desk she was very help with my travel needs and knowledgeable about the area. Even when the ac went out in the front desk area she had a smile and was more than willing to help me when my travel plans needed me to stay an extra day. She knew a wedding party was going to be on my floor and she moved me to a different room where I would be not be disturbed by the festivities. I appreciate her thoughtfulness and anticipating my needs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Mohan M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Totowa. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay.
All the employees go above and beyond for all our guests. Latoya drives the spirit of our hotel
I will share your comments with Latoya. Hope you come visit again.

Best wishes.

Sharvil K
Guest Relations Manager
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I booked four rooms via priceline at this hotel, as a group of us were in the area for a wedding. The price we paid was fine, but if we had paid full price I would have been very unhappy.

I agree with another reviewer that the hotel is very strange to get to. My in-laws had a hard time figuring out how to get to it. The rooms were fine, save for some normal wear and tear. The beds are firm, which my husband likes but I do not. I woke up stiff and sore all over.

My husband and I decided to have a workout in the gym. The equipment was old, dirty, falling apart, and most of it wasn't even in working order.

The front desk staff were pleasant enough and had no problems accommodating our requests for the rooms to be located near each other and for 2 double beds in each room. But we were quite taken aback when we witnessed a heated argument between two staff members as we were leaving for the wedding. Another guest was trying to check in at the time, and she had to interrupt the argument to do so. very unprofessional.

Overall, I would recommend this place if you have to stay in the area for a night or two, but only if you get a good deal. There is no way I'd consider this a 3-star hotel and would never pay full price to stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Mohan M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Skfowler,

Thank you for your comments regarding your experience during your recent stay at Holiday Inn Totowa. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring all your concerns to my attention.
We are happy that we could accomodate your requests of rooms with 2 double beds and being close to each other. However I apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay

It is our goal to consistenly provide superior service and accommodation and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we recieve from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Barnegat, New Jersey, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great service for handicaped person,good food at "Rubys Lounge"
Personal service by Lotoya,Ashley,and David.
Handicap rooms good for wheelchair users.Entrance could be better marked from route 46.
Excellent parking for handicap vans with a ramp.
Will use when in area.

Room Tip: Handicap rooms are very good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Wayne K,

Thank you, for the wonderful comment, it is always great to hear positive feed back from the guests who stays at Holiday Inn Totowa. It is our mission to make the guest feel welcome and comfortable. We hope in serving you once again in the near furture
Pueblo West, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

From the two free drinks in the lounge to the wonderful free breakfast, this was a wonderful stay. The room was clean and comfortable, desk staff was courteous. Glad to see LaToya at the front desk during the days...she epitomizes what customer service is. The property is a bit dated; however, they make up for it with other perks. One of two elevators are being repaired and kids thought it was cute to ride the one working up and down.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jim N
Mohan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Jim N

Thank you for your stay at holiday inn Tototwa NJ . we are happy that You liked our complimentary cocktail drink and breakfast We appreciate and thak you for your valuable good comments about our hotel and our staff for their dedicated service . The guest satisfaction is very important to us .We will see that your future stay will be more valuable.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We were there on June 9th and it was a quick stay but Mark at the front desk was very pleasant and the breakfast at Ruby Lounge was amazing! Hats off to Larry the server at the buffet - very nice and hospitable. Nothing negative to say for a quick stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mjv1975
Dear MJV1975,

Thank you for your stay at holiday inn Tototwa NJ We appreciate and thak you for your valuable good coments about our hotel and our staff for their dedicated service . The guest satisfaction is very important to us .We look forward your future stay at our hotel we keep our promises to keep same level of service for your future stay.
Detroit, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We drove 10 hours from Michigan to New Jersey only to be told at check-in that they booked us for one night not two, and they would not honor the price of $104 they quoted, now it would be $117 AND they could only get us the room for a second night if we agreed to pay even more for that second night. The person at the desk spoke very poor English and did not seem to understand how to pull up the information. First he couldn't find the reservation at all. Then he thought we were traveling with a large group and asked if everyone in our party was here. My husband said, "There are only two of us in our party." "Ok, I have you here for one night." "No, we are booked for two." "Ok, the price is $117." "No, the price is supposed to be $104 and the reservation is for two nights." He refused to honor the quote or reservation, and was unmoved by our confirmation. Rather than allow them to gouge us for more money than they agreed to, we left and stayed at the Crown Plaza down the street. It actually cost more but we were glad not to let them get away with baiting and switching the price for us. We were completely disgusted with the entire experience. When I called the national reservation line to complain the manager seemed uninterested our experience and kept asking me to go back and work it out with the Totowa Holiday Inn Mgr. We were not billed for the night but got zero compensation for our troubles or the increase in price we had to pay elsewhere. I also agree with one of the other reviews regarding the need for a facelift. We did not see the inside of a room, but the entire place seems tired and in need of renovation. Not up to Holiday Inn standards. That would not have stopped us from staying there but might keep some from booking. By far the bigger concern was their unwillingness to honor the confirmation and the rudeness of their refusal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Michelle S
Amira M, Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Totowa, NJ, we truly apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced upon your arrival. Your feedback is very important to us. We will see to it that any future reservations with us will be properly taken care of for you.

Amira M.
Guest Services

Travelers are raving about these Totowa hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Totowa
Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
#2 of 3 in Saddle Brook
4.5 of 5 stars 14 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Totowa? Share your experiences!