“Unexpected Stay”
Review of Holiday Inn Totowa

Holiday Inn Totowa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Totowa
Reviewed May 23, 2013

After experiencing car trouble on the Garden State parkway we had to find a convenient hotel at the last minute. This Holiday Inn was everything we could hope for ! Dan at the front desk was welcoming, friendly and attentive to all of our needs. He supplied all the items one might need for an unexpected stay. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. We even were given a discount on the room rate and treated to a complimentary drink next door at the Ruby Lounge. We are very grateful for the way we were treated !

Room Tip: The third floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Amira M, Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We truly thank you for selecting our hotel, The Holiday Inn, Totowa, NJ after having experienced a long day with your car troubles. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with our hotel staff and room accommodations. We are delighted we were able to add enjoyment after your long day. One of our main missions is to provide the utmost comfort and customer service for our guests, and allow them to feel they are "at home". We truly value your stay and we value you as our guest. We look forward to your future stays with us.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

In spite of a musty smell on the 4th floor in the hallways, the room itself wasn't bad. It seemed clean, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. The entire property, though, seems tired and in need of some renovation.
I didn't have my computer with me, so I tried to use the computers in the lobby. These computers seemed like they came from a yard sale somewhere; they were slow and I couldn't access my Verizon email account - in other words, were useless.
The attached restaurant - The Ruby Lounge - was more like flea market sea glass than a Ruby. The bar tender was slow like he was on Hawaiian time. I ordered a sandwich and 35 minutes later still hadn't seen it. The bartender gave me a free drink to shut me up and then, after a 45 minute wait my sandwich arrived. 45 minutes for someone to make a sandwich.
The next morning they offered a free breakfast buffet in the Ruby Lounge. The operative word here was 'free' because this poor excuse for breakfast wasn't worth any more than that.
I never stayed here before, so I thought I'd try it. I'm not likely to be back, there are too many other choices within 5-10 miles.

Room Tip: Pick a room somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Amira M, Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear BHarv_13,

Thank you for your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn, Totowa, Nj. We definitley appreciate your feedback from your last stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your hotel room accommodations. We would like to apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your last stay. Your input is extremely valuable to us, and we will definitely address and take your concerns into consideration.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Spent last weekend at the Holiday Inn Totowa and was very impressed with the service and cleanliness of the hotel. We were travelling with a group of 30 students and 5 adults. The rooms were ready when we arrived and were all located together which we really appreciated.
The rooms were very clean and well kept.
The breakfast that was included was good and the service excellent.
The hotel manager was helpful and friendly.
Great location in regards to visiting NYC.
This was our second time here and would stay again.

Room Tip: Second floor an easy walk up
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your most recent visit to our facility, The Holiday Inn Totowa, NJ. We are pleased to hear that you and your student group were happy with our hotel rooms, staff and customer service, and breakfast accommodations. Your feedback is valuable to us and you are most certainly a valued guest, and it was an honor to serve your group. We look forward to your future stays at our hotel with your group.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were here for four days visiting friends who do not have guest accommodation in their small house. The Holiday Inn Totowa hotel was reasonably clean, well appointed, free WiFi and the breakfasts more than adequate.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room - staff will oblige
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Amira M, Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear JandSEvian

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your most recent visit to The Holiday Inn Totowa, NJ. You are a valued guest and we truly appreciate your feedback. We are delighted to hear that your stay was comfortable, and we are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our amenities such as our complimentary guest wifi, and our breakfast services. We truly thank you and look forward to your future stays at our hotel.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed here many times and I love it! As a women traveling alone my safety is my top priority, I feel safe and very welcomed, I stay here and travel to NY because of the place, I dont mind the ride, the place is worth it. Latoya at the front desk was so pleasant and welcoming I want to steal here for my business! Dan "the man" was also very freindly, but the best was the manager Mohan, the bell hop was busy so Mohan carried my bags for me and even bought me up an extra tooth brush!. the room was clean the bed very comfortable. My only complaint is I dont like powder creamer I want real creamers in my room, but the complimantry coffee and breakfast made up for it. thanks Lucy

Room Tip: all the rooms i've stayed in were nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Amira M, Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Ms. Lucy,

Thank you for your most recent stay at our facility, The Holiday Inn Totowa, NJ. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel. We are happy that our staff ranging from the management, front desk, and our housekeeping made your stay a memorable experience. We are also pleased to hear that you were very satisfied with your breakfast accommodations in our on-site restaurant. We are truly honored by your generous feedback as this allows our staff to continue providing quality service to our all of our guests. You are most certainly a valued guest and we look forward to your future stays with us!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Horrible experience all around. Terrible staff. We were told one price over the phone and they didn't honor it when we got there and actually were very rude about it. If they had been apologetic, then I would have paid the price that they told us when we got there. Absolutely NO customer service at all. Save your money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank IAMREALLYCOOL
Amira M, Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Totowa,NJ. We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. We have noted your concerns, and your feedback is important to us. You are a most valued guest, and we will see to it that these issues will not be repeated.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

But everything I touched at this place was either already busted, or fell apart when I touched it. First - the location is weird and difficult to get to. The road that was there to enter through the back was blocked off, and you need to go through the Petco parking lot to get to this place. When I got to my room, the heater was on the floor and busted. The armoire door fell off when I opened it. I changed rooms. Ruby's (the hotel bar) had a Swinger's Club on Sunday night, that was interesting. None of the soda machines worked except for the 2nd floor, the workout room was in the basement as an after-thought.

So this place is a two-star hotel acting like a three star. It's old, beat up, tired and the property needs a big time facelift. I was really glad to get out of there.

Why is this not a "terrible" review? The staff worked hard to make my stay as pleasant as possible. Thanks. But when you're in the middle of a broken property, not much you can do.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cloudripper
Amira M, Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Totowa,NJ. We truly apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during your last stay. We greatly appreciate your feedback and guarantee you the issues that you have experienced will be rectified immediately. We assure you that your future stays will be much more comfortable.

Guest Services

Also consider these accommodations in or near Totowa
Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield
#1 of 4 in West Orange
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 5 in Fairfield

Been to Holiday Inn Totowa? Share your experiences!