“LOVED IT!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Totowa
ROCKAWAY, NJ
“LOVED IT!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed here many times and I love it! As a women traveling alone my safety is my top priority, I feel safe and very welcomed, I stay here and travel to NY because of the place, I dont mind the ride, the place is worth it. Latoya at the front desk was so pleasant and welcoming I want to steal here for my business! Dan "the man" was also very freindly, but the best was the manager Mohan, the bell hop was busy so Mohan carried my bags for me and even bought me up an extra tooth brush!. the room was clean the bed very comfortable. My only complaint is I dont like powder creamer I want real creamers in my room, but the complimantry coffee and breakfast made up for it. thanks Lucy

Room Tip: all the rooms i've stayed in were nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Amira M, Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Ms. Lucy,

Thank you for your most recent stay at our facility, The Holiday Inn Totowa, NJ. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel. We are happy that our staff ranging from the management, front desk, and our housekeeping made your stay a memorable experience. We are also pleased to hear that you were very satisfied with your breakfast accommodations in our on-site restaurant. We are truly honored by your generous feedback as this allows our staff to continue providing quality service to our all of our guests. You are most certainly a valued guest and we look forward to your future stays with us!

New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Horrible experience all around. Terrible staff. We were told one price over the phone and they didn't honor it when we got there and actually were very rude about it. If they had been apologetic, then I would have paid the price that they told us when we got there. Absolutely NO customer service at all. Save your money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank IAMREALLYCOOL
Amira M, Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Totowa,NJ. We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. We have noted your concerns, and your feedback is important to us. You are a most valued guest, and we will see to it that these issues will not be repeated.

Guest Services

Travelers are raving about these Totowa hotels

San Diego CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

But everything I touched at this place was either already busted, or fell apart when I touched it. First - the location is weird and difficult to get to. The road that was there to enter through the back was blocked off, and you need to go through the Petco parking lot to get to this place. When I got to my room, the heater was on the floor and busted. The armoire door fell off when I opened it. I changed rooms. Ruby's (the hotel bar) had a Swinger's Club on Sunday night, that was interesting. None of the soda machines worked except for the 2nd floor, the workout room was in the basement as an after-thought.

So this place is a two-star hotel acting like a three star. It's old, beat up, tired and the property needs a big time facelift. I was really glad to get out of there.

Why is this not a "terrible" review? The staff worked hard to make my stay as pleasant as possible. Thanks. But when you're in the middle of a broken property, not much you can do.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Cloudripper
Amira M, Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Totowa,NJ. We truly apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during your last stay. We greatly appreciate your feedback and guarantee you the issues that you have experienced will be rectified immediately. We assure you that your future stays will be much more comfortable.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Joey. To most a name, but to those who have had the rare pleasure of being tended upon at the bar of the Ruby Lounge at the Holiday Inn, Totowa, "Joey" is a song. A song that sings, "please, feel welcome" and "please, let me make your day, a better day and your night, a better night". Joey is the reason for the "Ruby Lounge". Without Joey it would simply be known as "Lounge". Anyone within traveling distance of this hotel should go and enjoy the experiences to be experienced, but even more so, experience Joey. Experience The Ruby.

1 Thank Zeek P
Amira M, Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Hello Zeek P.

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for staying at The Holiday Inn Totowa, NJ. You are a a most valued guest, and we are truly pleased to receive this kind of feedback. Our restaurant, the Ruby Lounge is a very popular spot in our facilities for our guests, and we take value in our staff members at the lounge and the entire property in that one of our main objectives is to attend to the guests needs. We understand business trips long and tiresome, and our Ruby Lounge restaurant is the prefect place to relax and unwind after a long day. We are delighted to hear that your hotel experience was made even more enjoyable from one of our restaurant staff members at the Ruby Lounge. On behalf of our staff, we thank you for your feedback and we truly look forward to your future stays with us.

Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed here on the second night of a business trip. I was very impressed with their quality of electronic appliances in the room. These appliances were of such high quality and esteemed value that they were bolted to the wall to prevent guests from stealing them. The brands were from such exotic places as a small, family business that makes hand crafted hair dryers under the name Sunbeam. The coffee machine was hand delivered from the beach by way of fine coffee purveyors, the Hamilton family. And finally, the alarm clock. Ahh yes the alarm clock. It was the crown jewel of the collection of alarms from the GE line of fine timepieces. All bolted to the wall. I was discouraged that I could not take one home. I will post a picture.

The stay was OK. Place was quiet during the week. Clean room. OK location for what we needed.

2 Thank Michael M
Hello Michael M.,

Thank you for selecting the Holiday Inn, Totowa, NJ for your most recent stay. We truly value your feedback, and are glad to hear you were happy with your guest room accommodations. We look forward to your future stays with us.

Meriden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had supper on March 10th at the bar in Totowa New Jersey. I ordered the pork chops. My server was Joey. I had come to know Joey by my visits to NJ on business. A great hotel with a reasonable price but more than that a great meal. Important. I don't think the meal, the service, and the attention would have been as good without Joey there. Pass it on.....stay at the Holiday Inn but also consider eating a meal there.

Room Tip: Great hotel, great price, great service, great food
    • 5 of 5 stars
Amira M, Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Hello Ron C,

On behalf of the Holiday Inn, Totowa, NJ, we would truly like to extend a sincere thank you for your most recent stay with us. We are pleased and honored to see that you enjoyed your visit and especially the restaurant service from one of our seasoned employees. We feel it is most important to keep the guest satisfied through out their entire stay. This stems from our service, accommodations, and staff. For our employees to receive such a wonderful review such as this, truly exemplifies the fact that we take customer satisfaction as one of our major focus points here at our facilities. We truly look forward to your future visits to our hotel.

Centereach, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Horrible stay after a wedding in NJ. Next door room had excessive music at 1:30am, called front desk repeatedly every 10 min. to complain over an hour, my son and I never slept. No manager to get a hold of. No one assisted us. At 2:30am, it was too late to search for another hotel off US 46 highway. At 10am the next morning, front desk clerk hadn't heard of incident, was only capable of refunding us half the room rate. Left several messages for General Manager to call us, still waiting since Feb. 17, 2013. I stated that years ago, I was the Secretary to a General Manager of a Holiday Inn and am extremely shocked of what we had to endure.

Room Tip: Do not book a room at this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Amira M, Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Pam216217,

Thank you for selecting our hotel The Holiday Inn, Totowa New Jersey. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your experience at our facility. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our best to make sure all of our guests have a comfortable experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay, and we regret you found the level of service you received less than satisfactory. We have taken note of your most valuable comments, and you can be confident that these issues will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Guest Services
Also consider these accommodations in or near Totowa
Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area
Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Fairfield
Hilton Garden Inn Wayne
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fairfield Executive Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Totowa? Share your experiences!