WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn Totowa

Holiday Inn Totowa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Totowa
nyc
“Great room at a super price for the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

The rooms are actually nicer than the outside appearance of the hotel. The restaurant's name, the "Ruby Lounge" misleads you in thinking that the place is tacky. We actually though the restaurant was a strip joint when we first pulled in as it has blackout shades pulled down over the windows! All and all staff was great and efficient and we received a call from the front desk asking if all was ok. Will definitly stay here again . Big room, nice bedding, lots of pillows who could ask for more at $109 a night!

• Stayed November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
Clifton, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This time I stayed here for four days, each have been storm related the staff is friendly respectfull and caring, they understand how upset everyone is, they greet everyone with smile and always ask if there is anything else they can do? an exceptional welcome. The staff were very professional and helpful I give them and A+, theroom are spacious and clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel. It was like home away from home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Me and my fiancee have stayed here numerous times and have never been disappointed, friendly staff, spacious rooms, nice food. Room service is reasonably priced and the food is good! Would definitely recommend, I am booked to stay there November and December 2012!
I had booked an advanced purchase, no cancellation reservation and because I had to cancel one of the nights they waived all of the fees and gave me a full refund which they did not have to do as this was my mistake, I had booked one extra night that we didnt need. Only negative is the price is sometimes a little expensive, but not always!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wayne, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Totowa, NJ in the aftermath of Hurrican Sandy. Many in New Jersey had to leave their homes because of a week or more without power or heat Lucky ones where able to find hotels in which to stay. This hotel was a great disappontment. The management acted as if no emergency was takling place. They were rude to guests and didn't make eye contact. They offered nothing to their displaced and stressed patrons to make their situation a little easier to handle. (Exceptions were Ms.Olivo at the front desk and the staff of the Ruby Lounge who were very helpful and friendly.) The rooms were not clean. Lower-priced hotels in the area went above and beyond to help their guests during this difficult time. It makes me very sad that the Holiday Inn did not step up when needed.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Totowa hotels

La Canada Flintridge, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

If I could give the hotel a negative rating I would. The staff was incredibly rude and unhelpful. Our first morning at the hotel my boyfriend and I tried to order room service but the concierge wasn't sure if the hotel even offered room service. They transferred our call to the restaurant and the wait staff informed us they did in fact offer room service but the restaurant was too busy and we would have to wait at least an hour. So we decided just to go down the restaurant ourselves. When we arrived we saw that the restaurant was completely empty (except for us and the two waiters). We immediately ordered coffee (noting that we were in a hurry to get to a wedding - the whole reason we were at this horrible hotel in the first place) and our waiter disappeared. After ten minutes we complained to the other waiter that we still had not received our coffee. That waiter disappeared into the kitchen. We waited for 20 minutes and no one ever came back to give us our coffee or check on us so we were forced to leave.

Unfortunately, that was the best part of our experience at the Totowa Holiday Inn. The rooms seemed clean enough, but the beds were incredibly uncomfortable and the hotel was more expensive than nicer hotels in the area. Everyone on the staff was rude to us, and on top of all that, when I got my credit card bill I found that the hotel overcharged us. When I complained to the management they refused to deal with the issue and so I had to go to the corporate complaints department. Unfortunately the matter is still unresolved and I'm still out my almost $80. The experience was so horrible I don't think I will ever stay at another Holiday Inn. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: There aren't any good rooms here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Laura N,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
St. Paul
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

As other reviewers said, it is quite loud at night. The bathroom light could not be turned off so I had to leave the door closed. The hotel is very industrial looking. Latoya was very helpful in trying to get a taxi. The next morning, they tried calling for a cab several times and it never showed. It isn't real easy to get to and if you don't have a car, this isn't the place for you. Finally had to have someone from work come get me. I'll stay at a different hotel next time with shuttle service. It's clean which is the only thing it had going for it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Chicopee, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hotel is located near many shops and restaurants. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious, but not so clean. The sheets were stained and had blood on them, we thought housekeeping would change them but they just redid the beds with the same sheets. There was mold in the bathroom. A couple of lights were out in our room but the staff took care of it as soon as we called it in. The food was good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Brenda V,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are delighted to read you found our location convenient and the rooms comfortable and spacious, however, it is disappointing to read that your stay was negatively affected by our housekeeping. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused you. I would like to assure you that we take each comment seriously as it has always been the goal of our hotel to deliver only the best quality services. Your feedback will be forwarded to the department involved to address your concerns.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Totowa
Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield
Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton / Rutherford
Hilton Garden Inn Wayne
Hampton Inn & Suites Fairfield

Been to Holiday Inn Totowa? Share your experiences!