“Fealt like I was in Eastern Europe”
Review of Holiday Inn Totowa

Holiday Inn Totowa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Totowa
Reviewed January 29, 2012

And not a good part of eastern Europe. I travel for work a fair amount, and this was by far the worst hotel I've stayed in for quite some time.

The hotel was overall outdated. The room was dark, and uncomfortable. The bed squeaked every time I moved, waking me up throughout the night. The bathroom had broken tiles and light that would not turn off. The furniture was dusty, which wreaked havoc on my allergies all night. I could go on and on, but essentially, the room was overall uncomfortable and I couldn't get out of it soon enough.

And then the staff - below helpful. I asked for a good breakfast place, and they just said "there are a lot around". No effort to elaborate. They were, as a whole, a step shy of being completely rude.

AVOID

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Andrew F

Reviewed January 25, 2012

I stayed here for business last month and had a wonderful time, the room was clean, quiet and comfortable and provided all the necessary items, bath/, shampoo/conditioner, soap,,, Reception staff friendly and efficient I would definitely stay there again. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Room 526 on 5th FL is quiet
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
10  Thank juan p
Reviewed January 20, 2012

The front door was broken upon arrival and stil broken the next day. The bar area has flies buzzing around your head. Breakfast was ok but the flies were still present as it shares space with the bar. The staff was friendly but not overly outgoing. Internet service worked well and the bed was very comfortable. Street noise from rte 47 was loud on the 5th floor

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We stayed at the holiday inn Totowa on dec 29 parts of good times adventure group, Check in was very easy and efficient.
Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. I was given a room on the fifth floor it was one of the cleanest that we had ever experienced and the bed was comfortable. They have free internet access, exercise room and room service. They provided us free shuttle to shopping mall (willbrook mall).
The breakfast was very good. We enjoyed our stay here.
It was a very good experience altogether and highly recommend and would gladly stay there again on our next visit

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
8  Thank philip r
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I have been travelling over 10 years and holiday in is always been good experience.
This one was exceptionally good very satisfied with the services they have provided,especially Mark of Holiday In helped with any question I had,it was excelent.
I will be very happy to stay again on my trip to USA or any where else.
Thanks,
Tanvir Malik

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
10  Thank Tanvir M
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stayed here after a wedding. We were told the shuttle would be back for us in 5mins but we ended up waiting about 40 on a very cold night!

Our room on the 5th floor was large, clean and the beds comfortable but the walls were extra thin!

The hotel has a nightclub attached to it that is very loud. I would suggest if staying on the weekend make sure your not on the 2nd floor as were some of our friends!! VERY loud.

Front desk were very pleasant and the checkin was fast..

Room Tip: ask for rooms far away from the nightclub!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bestbaby1
Reviewed January 14, 2012

There were obnoxious, loud customers walking through the halls half the night while we were trying to sleep. Obviously no one found it necessary to put an end to it. People were smoking right outside the main entrance and it was blowing into the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ellen92128
Also consider these accommodations in or near Totowa
Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area
Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
#1 of 4 in West Orange
Hilton Garden Inn Wayne
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton / Rutherford
Best Western Plus Fairfield Executive Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Totowa? Share your experiences!