“Sad to see the change”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We have eaten here many times and enjoyed it. I decided to have my husband's birthday there. We were 16 people and I ordered from the party menu. I paid $ 39.95 pp without tax and gratuity. One of the better choice packages. The appetizers were platters of cold antipasto served family style. They were extremely small but beyond that, the salami on all 4 platters was green around the edges. When we asked , embarrassed, please put fresh salami on the platter we were told all the salami was like that. so it was taken off and the platter was horrible. We were supposed to get stuffed escarole, which I had to ask for. Then the entrees came out and it was noticeable that something has gone wrong in Porcini's. Either a main cook left or a change of ownership, but I did notice the place was empty for a Saturday night.

We will never return again to Porcini's. change of food is the worst that can happen to a restaurant.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I would like to begin by saying that I love it there especially since the expansion. The food and service is consistently good. The reason for this review is to express to the restaurant that they should consider taking reservations for smaller parties than just 8 or more. I have been going to Porcini for years and the policy is not consistent. The last several times I went there they accepted and honored my reservation for 4 ppl with no issues. But no more, and having to stand around and wait 30-45 minutes for a table is not something I am willing to do, I would just as soon dine somewhere else that will honor a reservation for parties of less than 8.

1  Thank Chet7259
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I'm really saddened to see the poor reviews of Porcini's. I don't know what these people ordered or what was served to them, but we've been here several times and we always tell each other we should visit more often.
We were there last night, where my wife had the osso buco and I had a stuffed chicken breast (with sausage, broccoli rabe and cheese). (Chicken barbagallo or something like that) Both meals were really really good. Now I make osso buco at home that gets "better than any restaurant" reviews from friends and family. Porcini's osso buco got an "almost as good as yours honey" response from my wife and she's as fussy as they come.
I don't know if the kitchen staff has changed, but last night, the food was excellent. I would encourage all those "bad" reviewers to try it again.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

The second time we eat dinner there. The place is quite nice. The food was good. The service was mediocre. General, nothing special. I do not think, I will be back to this restaurant. In this area is a lot of good place, better than this. I do not recommended this restaurant.

1  Thank KrysiaK
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I don't know what happened, but I used to love Porcini's. We reserved the restaurant for my parent's anniversary party and the food and the service was awful. I then gave it another chance and ordered take out chicken parm. and the portion size was so small and the pasta was dry and cold. Poricini's used to be our favorite restaurant, but now I don't think I will ever go back or recommend again. Sorry

1  Thank sharon g