“Better than I expected ! May even go back ! ”
Review of On the Border

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
On the Border
Ranked #36 of 61 Restaurants in Totowa
Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

Went for dinner with my family at On the Border tonight ! Tableside Guac was below average but kids meals were great and the border bowl was surprisingly good - had an 1800 margarita that was also pretty good !
Wouldn't say it was life changing but it certainly could have been much much worse ! Definitely will go back next time I'm in a pinch and need to grab dinner with the kids !

1  Thank JetSetJessa

Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just waked out after being ignored by the entire waitstaff for 10 minutes. I understand when restaurants are busy you have to wait to get served, but three tables who were seated after us had multiple visits by their waiters while we were waiting.

Since my husband and I both worked in the food service industry, we are extremely patient in situations like this, so I went to the hostess station to ask her to let our waiter know we were ready to order... still no one came to our table.

If you want a chain restaurant experience, skip this place and go somewhere else.

Reviewed January 12, 2017

You know what to expect here. Always solid food and service. I love the Enchiladas here. You can order them spicy.

Reviewed October 8, 2016

I know that this place used to be good and very popular, but it has steadily gone downhill. I have given it a few chances, but not good. The service is so bad. They really could care less. There is very little help at all. The drinks are pretty good. The food is just OK. I really wish it was better. Shame on them. Get it together or get the heck out.

Reviewed May 13, 2016 via mobile

Visited many times in the past, mostly for lunch but this last time for dinner.

Decor is Mexican and often there are long waits for a table.

Complimentary chips/salsa for the table.
Drink offerings are the basic american and Mexican beer variety with assorted tequilla drinks e.g. Margaritas.

We ordered Chicken burritos, fish tacos, steak fajitas, chicken tortilla soup and the citrus chipotle chicken salad. All were good but not as good as I remember. Everything was good but just seemed to be lacking something and came off being a bit too plain and bland.

The service was fine but the real appeal to this place is that it is inexpensive with most entrees priced between $9 -$14

It is a good, inexpensive place to go for drinks and basic Mexican food.

Been to On the Border? Share your experiences!