New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Comparable to other hotels” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Toms River

Ramada Toms River
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Toms River

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Holly Springs, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights and it was very good but not "award winning." Upon walking in your room there is a paper that talks about how great the hotel is...the proof is in the pudding.

I reserved a smoke-free room and pleasantly asked the front desk attendant upon checkin that I loathe cigarette smoke in a hotel room and need a smoke free room. She assured me it was. Upon arriving in my room I entered a room someone smoked in (it was designated smoke free but housekeeper should have let someone know). When I went back to the front desk, the young lady acted as if I was bothering her. I had to apologize! Not award winning and the manager was there.

My next room was nice, which is why I gave it four stars. Big tv; large bed; nice decor; large bathroom with granite vanity. No problem there. Strong wi-fi, good water pressure, and hot water.

Other minor issues (sorry I have to):
1) One elevator for for the entire hotel. This includes housekeepers. I ended up using the stairs. For the elderly and handicapped, they could wait a long time.
2) Nice shower heads but they are very low. I am 6 feet but some fellas are much taller. You have to bend to wash you head.
3) Facility next door has lots of strange men walking around. I would be worried about my wife
4) Coffee pot is directly above toilet. Fecal comtamination?

All in all a nice place but do not throw it down your guests throats when you are simply good. The nicest people I met were the housekeepers.

• Stayed February 2013
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jenny F, Manager at Ramada Toms River, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Anthony G,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Ramada Inn Toms River. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize that you experienced a minor issue with your first room, but I'm glad that we were able to resolve the problem and promptly get you into a new room.

We always appreciate feedback from our guests and will take your notes into consideration.

Thank you again for sharing your recent experience on TripAdvisor and we hope you choose to stay with us again!

Ramada Inn Toms River
SPRINGFIELD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

It was good until we got a phone call at 11 o'clock at night claiming to be the front desk asking for my credit card information again When we went down to the front desk because my wife was smart enough not to give him the information over the phone the front desk know nothing about it so somebody was trying to steal a credit card The front desk should have access to incoming phone call's so they can stop this from happening

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Jenny F, Manager at Ramada Toms River, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Kenneth M,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Ramada Toms River on Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

We do apologize for the phone inconvenience you experienced. We haven't heard of an incident like this occurring before, and we are glad you brought it to our attention. We will take the necessary steps to stop this from happening again.

Ramada Toms River
#4 of 11 in Toms River
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River
BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn

Been to Ramada Toms River? Share your experiences!