“Really and truly our home away from home”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Literally our home away from home. My husband and I stayed here for 8 weekends from June- August as a summer shore retreat, overnight Sat. nights. Hate to leave. Immaculate, very friendly staff, very reasonable buffet breakfast, pool, gym, pub. What else do we need?

Room Tip: ALL rooms are meticulous and cheery. A/C's work perfect in any room. Carpets so clean you can...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
CHotelTR, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review! We truly appreciate all of your compliments, and are so glad the both of you enjoyed your weekend stays so much. We're happy you found our hotel so clean, and were pleased with our friendly staff. We are so glad all of your Summer stays were so relaxing. Come back again soon!

There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I continue to use the Clarion Hotel for meetings and overnight stays. We all enjoyed the updated sleeping rooms and everyone commented on how clean the hotel is. We enjoyed the fast service at Ike's Pub. Very good food and drinks.... Everyone we met had a smile on their face. Breakfast is a nice hot buffet. I'll be back again!

Room Tip: 2nd floor on the east side is close to the exercise room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
CHotelTR, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review! We appreciate your ongoing business, and we're so glad you and your associates enjoyed our sleeping rooms and dining at Ike's Pub. Thank you for your compliments, your review will be shared with all of our staff. We're very happy you find our hotel so clean and comfortable. Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Because of my business I utilize the Clarion Hotel in Toms River NJ as both a meeting site and a place to stay. The rooms are consistently clean and up to date. The staff has always been attentive to our every need. And what better way to start your day than one of their breakfasts. Whenever I needed a meeting room again consistency is the word that comes to mind. My guy George takes care of all the details of the meeting room. Coffee is fresh and the equipment the hotel supplies is always working and ready to go. That is one less worry when preparing for a presentation. –Ken, Aetna Medicare

Room Tip: also a great location for a trip to the Jersey Shore!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We appreciate your compliments and your loyalty! Thank you for recognizing the hard work of our staff, and for especially mentioning George. We're so glad you're always so very satisfied with your meeting room set up and the excellent service we provide. Thank you again!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was traveling to Atlantic City for a conference and was with my wife and six year old son. We weren't sure where we were going to stop that night but got tired near Toms River and found the Clarion Hotel by chance. What an unexpected pleasure!! We felt like VIP's from the moment we arrived; as if we were minor celebrities with an entourage. Kindness and courtesy would be an understatement. Any of our needs were handled smoothly and they'd charmed our son. We enjoyed it so much that we began looking for local attractions in order to schedule a quick getaway in the future. (Forgot to mention a lovely breakfast buffet). AND IN TOMS RIVER!!! WHO'D HAVE EVER THUNK THAT!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
CHotelTR, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

What a wonderful 5 star review....thank you so much! We appreciate your kind words and for recognizing the warmth of our staff. We have an excellent team here at the Clarion, and we truly look forward to seeing you again. We're so glad you and your family enjoyed our hotel and the Toms River area!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is the second time that I stayed there and I must say that its an excellent stay! The staff is great and always willing to assist. The restaurant is really good and my favorite was the Philly French Dip. I had to book multiple rooms for business and out of all the rooms nobody had anything but great things to say. There is multiple conference rooms for your business needs. I strongly recommend this hotel if you stay in Toms River or have to work at the nearby Military Base. Lisa and the staff thanks again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review! We're so glad you enjoy our convenient location, especially for working at the nearby military base. Thank you for recognizing our friendly and helpful staff...we're so happy all of your team found our hotel so comfortable and enjoyable! We look forward to seeing everyone again for your next meeting.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I booked my stay at this hotel because there were no available hotel options near LBI. The drive was about 40 minutes to Surf City, so not ideal but not too bad considering my options. It was clean enough and ok for the price. I paid $140 plus tax a night. Main negative is that the focus is on events and not the hotel. The bar is open on Friday and they had a wedding on Saturday. It is not really separate form the lobby so you're forced to walk through (literally) these events. Breakfast special in the morning was $10 for the room. Great price decent buffet food, but no service. Expect to help yourself and find utensils, etc. I used the gym. Small converted room with treadmill, cross trainer, universal gym and bike. It works. Forget about daily newspapers in the morning. I was up at 7:15am and they were gone. I told the front desk to just order more to accommodate guests, but the staff didn't seem to understand this being an issue. I also showed up early for check in. I was told they would store my stuff in a locked room, but when I returned it wasn't locked. I think the staff could be trained better in hotel customer satisfaction. Overall my experience was just OK (Average). My recommendation is to stay somewhere else, if you have the option.

Room Tip: Take a room behind front desk. Not in conference wing.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

We apologize greatly for an inconvenience you had while staying with us. Your feedback is appreciated, and your comments will be shared with all management and staff. Thank you for taking the time to write the review.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have stayed at other hotels in this vicinity when traveling on business and Clarion is by far the best. It's always very clean, the staff is friendly, knowledgable and always happy to accommodate. After working all day, I look forward to a great burger at Ike's Pub. Thanks Clarion for always being my home away from home.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
CHotelTR, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for the great 5 star review! We appreciate all of your compliments and for recognizing the efforts of our staff. We're so glad you enjoy our hotel and relaxing at Ike's Pub. We truly look forward to seeing you again during your next trip. Thank you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toms River
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Seaside Best Rentals
Seaside Best Rentals
#1 of 7 in Seaside Park

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River? Share your experiences!