“Clean, comfortable property”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed one night at this hotel for business travel. It was a very pleasant experience. The front desk staff was very nice. My sleeping room was very comfortable. Great value for the money. The breakfast buffet was a good value with basic breakfast items. Nice way to start the day!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
CHotelTR, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Clarion Hotel Toms River. We appreciate your feedback and compliments. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Clarion Hotel Management

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Pros: clean.
Cons: old, dark, creepy guests.

I heard someone at the frontdesk tell her coworker about a person who had returned who in on previous visits bothered the guests. So, they let this person return? Twice in two days I saw "creepy guests." Once while going to use the business center. I didn't want my sister walking alone so my husband went to her room to escort her down. Another time I sat in the lobby with my niece until her boyfriend came down. I didn't want her staying in the lobby alone with the creepy guests. We ate at the Crystal Diner down the road instead of buying the Clarion breakfast. Breakfast at the diner is very good, dinner is ok/good -- depending on if you order diner food. I'm glad the Clarion was at least clean. For that reason alone, I would return but only if there was no other place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Your feedback is very important to us, and will be reviewed closely. Again, we apologize, and hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Clarion Hotel Management

Reviewed March 18, 2013

A quick weekend trip for a hockey tournament in Tom's River, NJ. Hotel room was quite spacious and very clean. Bed was very comfy. Also had refrig and microwave which is nice. Ate breakfast and dinner at the hotel. Breakfast was hot and fresh with plenty of choices. Dinner was a special treat. The french dip steak sandwich was truly wonderful. This was also one of the quietest hotels I ever stayed in. Despite seeing plenty of people around, I did not hear any when in the room. Will definitely stay here again when in Tom's River.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JAM789
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I travel to Toms River, NJ at least twice a year on business and the service at the Clarion is Awesome! The staff there are very accomodating, pleasant and will go that extra mile to satify their customers. The complimentary breakfast provides a great variety of food that actually taste great!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Timmie M
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Not a good experience. Hotel does everything on the cheap. It mostly seems to focus on the local events held in its meeting/event space, with the overnight guests an afterthought. The front of the hotel where events are held looks much better than the rooms for overnight guests. This is an old hotel, and even though the rooms have been updated they look dated and cheap. The walls are paper thin; count on hearing your neighbors. Cable is terrible. Huge ashtrays stand by side/rear entrances and the smell of smoke lingers. The hallway one day and evening smelled heavily of marijuana. Only the front of the hotel is landscaped. There is no landscaping in the back where guests park and its poorly lit. The front desk isn't very friendly or helpful. Housekeeping does a great job and deserve a huge bonus for putting the best face on this depressing hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mike887755
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed here for the first time!
Great hotel! Great service! Great food!
The room was quiet and clean.
The restaurant was nice with a good reuban sandwich plus on Saturday there's a DJ.
Late checkout was no problem!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2013

As a local business owner, it is very important to me to have access to a conference center that understands the need for good food, current technology and fair pricing. I recently held a Security Forum at the Clarion and it turned out great! The staff was professional, the room was the right size for the number of guests we had and the lunch served was fresh and light. The Clarion had the technolgy set up, so all I had to bring was my laptop and I was ready to go! Thank you and I will use your location again! Sincerely, Kathy Cauldren, CEO, KT's Office Services

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
#3 of 11 in Toms River
Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Best Western Leisure Inn

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River? Share your experiences!