“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
Fort Lee, New Jersey
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at the Clarion in Toms River, N.J., overnight to attend the wedding of a daughter of a friend. It was shortly after Hurricane Sandy after their power came back. I was pleased with the accommodations - clean room, extra comfortable bed (I used the down/feather pillow). Best of all were the pleasant and helpful staff. Definitely will recommend this hotel for any length of stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Elizabeth T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

It seemed odd to need a hotel in a town I called home most of my life, but suddenly, I did. This property was always knows for it's catering and conferences when it was a Quality Inn. I am so glad I chose it for my quick one night stay. Staff could not be more accommodating and room was spotlessly clean and well appointed.
Property is set back from main road so noise was not an issue. If you did not wish to eat on-site, many many restaurants and stores are within 1/2 a mile...many within walking distance. While I only stayed one night, I could have easily and gladly used this property for an extended stay

Room Tip: The suites with spa tub are really lovely and worth the extra $$ if you will be staying for extended...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed overnight at the Clarion Hotel for my daughter's wedding. The bed was so comfortable, the breakfast wonderful & the staff great. The room & hotel was super clean. Highly reccommend this hotel to any friends or family coming to Toms River.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank steve m
North Port, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Not having lived in Toms River for close to 25 years, I had to rely on family members to steer me in the right direction. A funeral brought me back, and with no reservations we arrived on a Tuesday around 8:30 PM and staff was very accommodating in getting us a room for 4 or 5 nights. Rooms were very clean as was the Hotel in general, staff was very nice, and a continental breakfast for two for $5.00 total was available. Typical Buffet fare and it was acceptable as was the waitress who was very friendly. There is a pool, and the area is laid out nicely, but October is not swimming weather in NJ. I guess my only con would be when parking on the East/South side of the building the entrance leaves a little to be desired. Getting luggage up the outside stairs, fumbling with swiping your key card to get the metal door open and then up another set of stairs is a daunting task. There is an elevator but it still required some walking to get to our room. I'll give it a 4 out of 5 and they would be my first choice should I need to stay in a Hotel in Toms River again.

Room Tip: Use the elevator? What were we thinking!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kleelargo
Lexington Park, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I coordinate travel for our employees that travel from Maryland to Toms River and the Clarion is the only place that they all want to stay. They provide great service, have friendly staff and comfortable accomodations. Thanks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Traveler20653
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I am a corporate travel agent and recently used this hotel for one of my clients. While I have not had the opportunity to visit this hotel personally, the feedback I received was glowing. The mangement at this hotel is spectacular and at the end up of the day, THAT is what makes for a great hotel. The Director of Sales, Lisa, is especially accommodating so I would highly recommend reaching out to this hotel for groups, meetings, and any corporate travel you might have. I look forward to working with them again and wish all hotels were this efficient and effective!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jaymemoylan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night for a race. I had a late check-in and front desk was very attentive. They gave me keys quickly and were able to suggest late night dinner options. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Coffeemaker on the room. Ideal for an early morning race.

• Stayed October 2012
4.0 of 5 stars 1,015 reviews
Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River? Share your experiences!