Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
“Thumbs Up”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I am a corporate travel agent and recently used this hotel for one of my clients. While I have not had the opportunity to visit this hotel personally, the feedback I received was glowing. The mangement at this hotel is spectacular and at the end up of the day, THAT is what makes for a great hotel. The Director of Sales, Lisa, is especially accommodating so I would highly recommend reaching out to this hotel for groups, meetings, and any corporate travel you might have. I look forward to working with them again and wish all hotels were this efficient and effective!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jaymemoylan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night for a race. I had a late check-in and front desk was very attentive. They gave me keys quickly and were able to suggest late night dinner options. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Coffeemaker on the room. Ideal for an early morning race.

• Stayed October 2012
Medway, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I called because I'm heading to the area on business and am looking for a room for the week. I like to have a room with a fridge and maybe a couch or something. I called just to ask if they had fridges in the rooms and if they had any rooms with a "kitchenette" like some have, with a little bit larger fridge and counter. Wow the attitude. Not staying there if you cant even ask a question without attitude!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Krista F
Lexington Park, Maryland
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My company spends months doing business with the Navy and the Clarion is the first choice of hotels for my co-workers and myself. The staff could not be more welcoming and accommodating. The management makes it a point to go above and beyond to guaranty satifaction during our stay. I would recommend the Toms River Clarion for any one from professionals to families even if your just passing through.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kevin G
New Jersey
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We always stay at this hotel when in the NJ area..Convenient location and always feel safe. The rooms are spacious and spotless and the breakfast served is very diverse offering something for everyone. The entire staff is friendly and always make us feel like family, welcoming you with a big smile and hello as soon as you enter the lobby or any areas of the property. The entire experience from checkin to checkout is seemless and it is very much a home away from home!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daisygirl404
South Plainfield, New Jersey
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I attended a formal event on April 27-28, 2012 for my college organization. I was impressed initially with the experience, including the reception area where our event was held. What I was extremely unimpressed by was the administration and business ethics executed by the hotel. I was paying my credit card bill in the following weeks when I noticed an EXTRA $500 tacked onto my bill!! I was never made aware of this charge. I called up the manager and he told me they replaced the mattress because it was stained!?! There was no evidence behind such a claim and when I asked to talk to superiors, they were conveniently in meetings. The hotel never got back to me and luckily my citibank credit card dispute resulted in the charge being cleared. Our organization will not be back to do business with this hotel.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank ExperiencedTravel779
Trento, Italy
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Last spring I unfortunately had the displeasure of spending a night at this hotel with some of my close friends. Everything seemed fine that night and the next morning. Three weeks later when all of us receive our credit card bills for the month we have extraneous charges for 375, 500, 800 dollars!! We immediately call to see what the problem was and ALL of us are told the manager will call us back promptly to discuss the charges. We call back again a few days later, the receptionist tells us the charges are for a torn curtain, wet mattress, and broken couch, and that the manager will call us back when he is free to discuss in more detail. He never called back.

Naturally all of us called our credit card companies to dispute these ridiculous accusations. For those of you who don't know what this process entails, you call your credit card company, tell them as much information as possible about the fraudulent charges and they reach out to the companies asking for their side of the story. They have 60 days to supply the credit card company with proof/reason for the charges.

All of us won the disputes because the hotel was obviously trying to pull a fast one over on some kids who they thought wouldnt know better. DONT STAY AT THIS HOTEL THEY'LL TRY AND SCAM YOU OUT OF YOUR MONEY!!

Room Tip: I'd rather sleep in my car or in a cardboard box than this dump.