“Excellent for Business Travel”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
Torrance, California
“Excellent for Business Travel”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I checked in to the Quality Inn after spending two nights at a nearby hotel where I had issues with the internet connection. To say I lucked out with the internet issues and had to change hotels for the remainder of my nearly two week stay is an understatement. Just to touch on all the highlights, the staff is very friendly and accommodating, the rooms are clean, spacious with LCD televisions, a fridge, internet...essentially everything you need. Location is great, especially for those traveling to the base nearby, it's a 10 minute drive at most. Restaurants are plentiful in the area so another plus for the location...however, you won't need to find breakfast as the Quality Inn has a great free breakfast daily. Not a normal continental breakfast but eggs, pancakes, french toast, yogurt, muffins, bacon, sausage, fruit...pretty much everything. No sense in going to ihop when you have such a selection for free! Also the bar has happy hour daily with half off appetizers and drinks, nice setup with whatever sports interest you on display.

Now I ended up having to extend my stay an extra two nights (on a busy weekend at that) and I was worried that I'd have to change hotels again as I was told earlier in the week that the weekend was fully booked. However, I made a request to the management who quickly worked to ensure I didn't have to leave their hotel for the next two nights. It seemed that no sooner did I make the request did I receive a call back saying they were able to find a room for me (what a relief and thank you Lisa!) down the hallway from where I was currently staying. So I didn't have to hassle with changing hotels, and I got to try out a different room and was pleased just the same...clean, spacious, perfect as could be.

If you are staying in the Toms River area for a short trip or an extended stay like I did, do yourself a favor and book way ahead for the Quality Inn, you'll be glad you did. I know I'll be staying here again in my future trips!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank DK_Socal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Lexington Park, Maryland
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I was a Guest for several weeks from June '11 thru October '11. The Staff and Management right down to Tammy the Breakfast Host, PJ at the front desk and Heidi at the Bar. They really made my stay away from home very pleasant and memorable. Friendly and helpful. At times i even felt that i had never left home. I want to say that with Lisa at the helm this place ran ship shape. (Thank you ). You would be hard pressed to find a better hotel in the area. I will be back.

Room Tip: Talk w/Lisa she will make sure your stay is well worth your dollars spent.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I want to say I was so completly happy with the quality inn in tomsriver.our wedding was amazing thanks to the staff.kevin is the banquet manager and donna is the banquet coordinator.thet both went above and beyond for us.from the very first meeting until the end of our wedding they were fantastic.i can almost garentee you will not find a better banquet hall for the price.kevin even customized our package to fit our needs. The wedding suite was beautiful amd compt. As part of our package. I would recomend this place to anyone who wants great quality that wont send u into debt. I hope the staff read this and know they made my husband and my dreams come true!!!!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Maryaustin25
Lakehurst, New Jersey
Reviewed October 19, 2011

SUPERB! Never have I been treated better and feel as my business means something to everyone, workers and managers alike. I have no bad words to say about this hotel. From the very beginning until the end (3months later) the entire staff was great.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I rented the banquet room for a bridal shower. The banquet coordinator worked closely with me to plan the menu and the food was delicious, and very reasonable priced. Some of our guests stayed overnight after the shower, and they said the rooms were very clean and the breakfast buffet was great. We will definitely come and stay here again next summer since the beaches are so close.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I travel a lot, I usually stay at a Choice Hotels branded hotel. Anytime that I'm in the Tom's River area, the RT 37 Quality Inn is my choice. Best breakfast, cleanest rooms, privacy, quiet to sleep in, secure, and the resturaunt is very good should you choose to eat there. What more could you ask for?

I have found them very resposive to suggestions. I have stayed there frequently for the last 10 years.

Obviously, I recomend!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Northeastern PA
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We selected the Quality Inn Toms River as it was highly rated in Trip Advisor reviews, it was relatively inexpensive off-season and it was a short drive to Island Beach State Park (one of the last unspoiled beach areas on the Jersey shore). We were very pleased with our experience. We booked a larger second floor room that appeared to have been recently renovated. Room was clean, desk service was very friendly, and the free breakfast was better than most that we've encountered in similarly priced hotels. Location is convenient to shore access via Rte 37 although a negative is that there is not much of a restaurant selection close to the hotel (certainly nothing in walking distance). Not sure how it stacks up for rates in-season but for off-season we give it two thumbs-up and will certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
#3 of 11 in Toms River
Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Hampton Inn & Suites Robbinsville

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River? Share your experiences!