“Fantastic time Great Rooms”

Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
NJ
“Fantastic time Great Rooms”
Reviewed July 6, 2009

This hotel has been recently updated and has a fresh look. The rooms were weel maintained. The restaurant food was good and the desk service was outstanding. Mr. Janiszewski was very pleasant and polite and efficient. We enjoyed this stay very much!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
new jersey
Reviewed July 6, 2009

After dealing with July 4th traffic. We just wanted to relax. Not make reservation was crazy .Went to sereval different motel which had no vancancy. Then we turn around to head home and decided to stop at Howard Johnson 955 Hooper Avenue, Toms River. We got a Jacuzzi Suite(Rm.107) with No Problems. Clean, quiet, romantic and complimentary champange. IHOP right cross the road was very cool, too. The double shower were awesome and relaxing. Well, the next morning had breakfast (which was also complimentary). We didn't want to leave.....but come Labor Day 2009 we will be going back to Howard Johnson of Toms River. And We are making reservation this time..!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Rockaway, New Jersey
Reviewed May 31, 2009

We stayed overnight after a day trip down at Seaside. I've stayed at this hotel before and really enjoyed it and I have to say I enjoyed our overnight stay very much. The front desk service was wonderful, the room was very nice. We stayed in 226(B) and the furniture was beautiful, the desk was spacious and the bed was comfortable. We ate at Lengends restaurant and the food was wonderful. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
ep04280
Reviewed April 27, 2009

My fiance & I stayed at the Howard Johnson over the wknd. We were able to see the room before we decided if we wanted to stay. The room was okay (old looking & not up to date!) but wayyyy overpriced. For a jacuzzi room for one night they charged us a total of $312.98. Way over priced! Needless to say I had no idea there was a comfort inn down the street that only charge $169 for a jacuzzi room & was wayyyyy nicer when we looked at it BUT we had already booked this room so it was too late. Since we love dining on the premisses, we decide to go to there restaraunt they had in the hotel. Prices were decent here. My fiance order the stuffed chicken, he had a few pieced & said to me that it tasted funny, so he cut it in half & the whole entire chicken inside WAS NOT COOKED. Both pieces were raw. DISGUSTING!!!!!! He was mortified and couldnt believe it. When the waiter came over he didnt really know what to say & turns to him and says sorry, this happens all the time, can you make sure you tell management at the front desk when you leave!!! Are you serious?! Why would you tell someone this happens all the time?! As soon as he said that I decided NOT too finish my meal, hoping that I wouldnt get sick from the shrimp I had eaten or the clams. To top things off the waiter says he will take it off the menu, as if he was doing us a favor, I mean yea I would expect you to take it off & he didnt offer to comp anything else. I had to eat alone and after seeing that I was disgusted. To top it off my fiance was sick allllllll night!!! So that pretty much ruined our trip. When we went to the front desk the next morning to check out, we did tell the woman what had happened & all she said was she will speak to the restaraunt manager about it. I feel as tho something should have been compted for ruining our wknd. The room was wayyyy overpriced & the restaraunt served uncooked chicken. I wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
hojotogonj, Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River, responded to this review, May 11, 2009
Dear Past Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review on our property.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that your unhappy.

Please accept our sincere apology. We do want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us and hope you will give us another opportunity to provide the service you deserve on your next visit to our area.
virginia beach, va
Reviewed April 23, 2009

My family and I are locals and have lived in the area for almost 30 years. So naturally when it came time to suggest a local hotel to my wedding guests we went with the Howard Johnson's. It was not the most reasonably priced hotel in its category, but because of its amenities and location we decided to suggest this hotel to guests anyway. My experience with the staff thus far has been that they are extremely rude and not at all accomidating. We have booked about 15 rooms at this hotel and still they are unwilling to give the bride and groom a reasonable rate on a room. They have been rude to our out of town guests who are making the effort to travel hundreds of miles for our wedding and this is the first impression they have on new Jersey. I am not so concerned about not having been treated well myself but I am very upset that my family and friends have had such a negative experience with people at this hotel. I am dreading my stay as well as that of about 30 friends and family on my wedding night based on both first impressions and others reviews.

Stayed April 2009
Dear Past Guest,

We're concerned about your experience at our hotel during your recent visit. We thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience during your stay.

Again, we want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience and concerns with us.
Northborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 5, 2009

I stayed at this hotel when visiting with family at the Jersey Shore. I was disappointed with the quality of the room which was clean but clearly in need of sprucing up.

The package I purchased included an awful breakfast which I ended up skipping after looking at the uninspired pre-packaged offerings. There are much better choices within the same price range in this area.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — the room quality
  • Stayed October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear Past Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is not only to meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

It is our hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
New Jersey
Reviewed November 24, 2008

I recently hosted a birthday party for my husband, that was attended by close friends and family. I was looking for a facility that we could have the party, have some fun, and have our many out of town guests spend the night. The Howard Johnson's was a perfect match. We had the private banquet room down stairs for a few hours, was great to have our own bar, and the hot and cold buffet they prepared was delicious. When the lights came up for the private room and people were headed home, the bulk of the party guests headed upstairs to Christopher's Pub for a live band, dancing and more fun! As guests got tired or were done for the night, they just headed up to their rooms! The rooms were clean and quiet, the staff was terrific, and it was an excellent arrangement. It was very convenient that they have an in house continental breakfast room off of the lobby area so that not only could guests have a bite before traveling off, it gave us a chance to re-live the nights events. A great time was had by all

• Stayed November 2008
Ramada Toms River
#3 of 11 in Toms River
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River
Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms Ri...
#26 of 39 in Seaside Heights

Been to Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River? Share your experiences!