Our second floor room was nice and large. It was, however smokey and in desperate need of remodeling. The TV was nice. The bed was comfortable, but they are a bit skimpy on the pillows.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. One morning while we were trying to bathe our little girl, our shower handle became stuck in the 'on' position and boiling hot water poured out. We couldn't get it unstuck to save our lives! I called downstairs and in minutes, a kindly maintenance man was able to give it a few good whacks and get it working properly again.
The continental breakfast was okay; waffles, cereal, bagels, etc.
The baby crib is metal and our baby kept getting his little legs stuck in between the slats. We were glad we brought a small pop up, travel crib in case of emergency.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the best of the Atlantic Coast at our Howard Johnson Hotel -Toms River. Conveniently located off Route 9 and just 15 minutes from the Jersey Shore, our pet-friendly Toms River hotel near McGuire Air Force Base is one hour from New York, Philadelphia and Atlantic City. We offer a complimentary continental breakfast, a large indoor heated pool, two restaurants, a pub & grille with live entertainment, a free pass to a fitness center adjacent to the hotel, free wireless high speed internet access and laundry service. We look forward to your arrival! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Orbitz so you can book your Howard Johnson Hotel -Toms River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Of Toms River Hotel Toms River
- Howard Johnson Toms River
- Toms River Howard Johnson