“Frightning and Filthy. The worst hotel experience I have had in 30 years.”

Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Toms River

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed because my brother's house was flodded during hurricane sandy. I received a good rate and hotel was clean and amenities very dood.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Sarah G, Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Guest; Thank you for the 5 star review! We know it was a difficult time for some of our guests displaced by Hurricane Sandy and really appreciate you letting us know that you enjoyed your stay. It was our pleasure having you as our guest. If you have to opportunity to return, please do, we've recently renovate our indoor pool and first floor guest rooms. We'd welcome the opportunity to see you and your family again.
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Pros-
- Heater works well
- You have a balcony
- A flat screen tv
Cons-
- Bit by a spider when sleeping.

- (if it rains) you can clearly hear the rain drops through you ceiling (it was light rain too).

- there were cigarette burns in both my sheets and the certain (in a non-smoking room).

- if you like marijuana then this is the place for you. (the halls reek of it).

- if ou like the smell of a Vegas casino... This is the place for you.

- came back to room after housekeeping cleaned up and the toilet would not flush, so I called the front desk and told them the situation and the response was literally a "sigh" and a 5second pause (not seeming helpful what so ever) and then told me that he would find a plunger for me and that when he did I could come to the front and pick it up (whhhaattt?!?!?!) yeah that happened.

- i put 2 dollars in the vending machine for water and it spit out quarters and upon putting the quarters in machine, no response.it took my money. I went to the front desk and told the lady what the situation was and she said "don't use the vending machine in the middle it doesn't work" I then said okay what about the other one and she said that didn't work as well. She directed me to the IHOP across the street for water.

There is more that happened but need I say more? Nope..... Don't waste your money, staying here was the opposite of rewarding myself.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Sarah G, Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest; Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide your feedback about your stay with us. All feedback we receive is important to us as it helps us improve and grow. The inconveniences you faced where unfortunate and certainly not acceptable that they negatively affected your stay. We'd like to apologize if you felt at any time that our staff replied to your concerns in a unprofessional manner. However, we did not see that you approached a member of management so we were unable to assist you personally and rectify these concerns at the time. We are sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us but we do wish you would have approached us prior to leaving the hotel so we could have worked with you on resolving these matters. Thank you again for your business.

Travelers are raving about these Toms River hotels

Ramada Toms River
#3 of 11 in Toms River
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Best Western Leisure Inn

Been to Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River? Share your experiences!