$135
Travelocity
$90
  • Restaurant
$80
Pelican Inn & Suites(Toms River)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
$122
$109
All reviewsfirst floorroom was cleanflat screen tvdecent placeindoor poolvisiting familyconvenient locationfront desk staffthe jersey shoreihophooperbartenderboardwalk
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Run down and in need of renovation. If I need a place to stay in toms river I think holiday inn and comfort inn are better options. They were both booked last weekend so I was forced to try hojo. It just above satisfactory.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank motownpackers
Sarah G, Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel by Wyndham Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Guest; Our entire team would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations while staying with us and we would like to thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience. We appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

We reserved a room here for 2 nights for the family to visit the beach. Never again. First of all we were not alllowed to cancel. Second the room was filthy. Third the the whole hotel was filthy. Fourth. The side building doors didn't shut so anyone could come in at any time of the night not thru the main lobby. Fifth I bought 2 beers for six bucks to bring back to the room only to find out I could have had a whole pitcher for the same price. My fault I guess, but not service from staff to tell me of such. Six the breakfast was empty at 8:30 am. When we ask the front desk about that they responded that the staff was on a shift break. So we waited 20 minutes until about 10 till 9 and had 10 minutes for breakfast. In five minutes all the food those staff placed out was gone.

• Stayed: July 2012
hojotogonj, Owner at Howard Johnson Hotel by Wyndham Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Please understand that when you make your non-cancellable, non refundable reservation with a 3rd party site other than www.hojo.com you are subject to those rules and restrictions. You may recieve a lower rate, but you cannot make changes without a penalty. I would suggest
booking with us directly next time so you don't have this problem again in the future.

My housekeeping and maintenance staffs have looked into you other comments and are paying closser attention to details. Our feeling is that you were unhappy because you couldn't cancel and were quick to find reasons why you should not have been charged for your stay.

Regardless, we are looking into you comments and are making strides to constantly improve our hotel. Perhaps you'll consider staying with us in the future, but we suggest booking directly with the hotel.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is a great low priced option. From reading the reviews I am now certain most people are crazy. It isn't a beautiful hotel and it isn't in a beautiful location, it is on a busy highway so yes it is going to be loud, its New Jersey, if you want quiet you don't go to New Jersey you go to Montana. The rooms are dated and at $75 per night during peek summer months I would expect them to be dated. The house keepers did a great job, I had three children with me who went to the beach each day and brought back a lot of sand, after the free contenental breakfast, the room was clean and the beds were made. What else could I ask for. The staff was friendly and helpful. I booked through Priceline and got a much smaller room than what would have been comfortable for my family, I let the front desk know and for a small upgrade fee was moved to a much larger room. The pool area and the outside deck were nicely appointed and clean. The bar seemed to be hoping, but with kids my bar days are over. The location is perfect, not too close to the ocean and not too far. Easy to hop on and off the Garden State Parkway, and lot of good family restaurants nearby. At $200 a night I might be disappointed too, but you usually know about a high school reunion about a year in advance and you should book for this hotel much more than a week in advance. The poor reviews seem like people who want everything for nothing. If you use your head and plan you can have a great stay at this wonderful hotel. In the past I stayed down the road at the Holiday Inn and the staff was nasty and the room keys never worked, the staff just laughed off the fact that everytime my key was deactivated I had to walk to the front desk with all my stuff and three small children. They just told me "yeah that happens a lot". Well it never happened at the Howard Johnson. I am already planning my vacation for next summer and will book this same hotel. This hotel helped make my vacation a true pleasure. I wish I remembered the names of the front desk folks who helped, but I do remember one helpful person was a man who told me he just started a few days ago.

Room Tip: Find the best deal on line and then call the hotel directly and ask if they can beat or match the price.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mmb1143
Sarah G, Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel by Wyndham Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear Guest, we can't say thank you enough for taking the time to let us know about your positive experience's while staying with us and we were very glad to hear we far exceeded your expectations. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you return for a future stay.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We needed to stay in Tom's River NJ on a Saturday night due to my wifes 30 year high school reunion. We stayed in the local HoJo due to availability and closeness to the event. My wife booked the room a week in advance at $200 per night. Needless to say, we were very disapointed in the room and the breakfast. The room was old, bed sagged to middle, light fixture was semi detached from wall and did not have the correct light bulb. Bathroom light fixture did not have a cover, and switch cover plate seamed smaller than the opening as well as the tissue box. Breakfast did not have much variety. Definetaly did not get $200 value out of this stay. Would not go back.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Room 106
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GPT62

Dear Guest, on behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize that the hotel did not exceed your expectations during your stay with us and I would like to thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience. Your feedback will allow us the opportunity to look closer at that room and make the necessary repairs for the next guests. Thank you again for your review and comments.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights and It was the worst 3 nights I have ever spent in a hotel. Carpet badly stained, sink was clogged but was fixed when I went to the front desk. Toilet seat broken, the mattress gave me a backache and the noise from the traffic was not pleasant. Outside there were cigarette butts all over the ground and the refrigerator made such a racket we unplugged it. The only positive aspect of the whole stay was the staff was nice. But I would of loved a quiet room with a comfortable bed instead.

Room Tip: If you must stay here get a room far from the road.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank luv2ski16

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Our entire team would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations while staying with us and we would like to thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience.We will use your feed back to help us implement improvements for a future stay.