“Good Value, for a short one night.”

Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
New Paltz, New York
“Good Value, for a short one night.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while we were in Toms River for a Memorial Service, the hotel staff were all friendly and helpful. The location is great easy to get in and out of. The room was comfortable and clean, those a little of a well worn loo to the halls and room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank liza23star
Jenny F, Manager at Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear liza23star,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Toms River! We greatly appreciate your excellent feedback, and we hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Holiday Inn Toms River

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
South Chatham, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

The front desk supervisor is one of the nicest I have ever met at a hotel. I had visited the hotel because of a serious family illness and Jennifer went above and beyond to make my stay the best it could have been. Much more than I ever expected.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Victoria K
Jenny F, Manager at Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Victoria K,

Thank you for the great review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Toms River! We are glad we were able to assist you with all your needs, and it is wonderful to hear that our staff went above and beyond for you. We greatly appreciate your review, and we hope you choose to stay with us again!

Summit, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

I checked in last night and the service has been exceptional. I had called ahead with a few requests, a fridge and an adjoining room so another guest attending the wedding could be next to us. They met all my requests. When we checked in there was a wedding in progress and no close parking place. We had a lot of luggage, so they allowed u to park in front until we got settled in. There were no luggage carts so the woman from the front desk went and retrieved one for us. When we got to our room there was no fridge, when I called the front desk, they immediately sent us up a fridge and microwave. Later we went to the lounge. I asked if I could order food to go, and come back down to get it. The waitress offered to call our room to notify us when the food was ready. I have witnessed nothing but excellent and friendly service. From some of the past reviews I have read it appears they have made a lot of changes. The staff is super friendly and helpful and thr rooms are very new looking and appear to be recently updayed. They even have a flat screen tv.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank rebeccaandjade
Dear rebeccaandjade,

Thank you for the 5-star review! We are thrilled you had an excellent stay at the Holiday Inn Toms River, and that our exceptional staff went above and beyond to assist you with all your needs. We greatly appreciate your wonderful review, and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

North Augusta, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

First let me say the staff were very friendly and helpful. The elevator made strange sounds. We were on the 3rd floor and our room overlooked the roof of part of the hotel. The room was very small. Other than a microtell it was the smallest room we had on our trip through New England.
The room and bath were clean, no complaint there. Also since the hotel had a restaurant there was no free breakfast

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank William B
Jenny F, Manager at Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear gtmobill,

Thank you for your review! It is great that the staff was helpful and friendly, but we are sorry that the elevator was making some noises and that your accommodations were smaller than you expected. We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope you consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area.

Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have been staying at the Holiday Inn in Toms River for a year now. It has been a pleasure to be greeted, welcomed, and accommodated by Ms. Jennifer Hayden Schel. She always courteous and cheerful and easy to talk to. I never have to wait to check in (or out) and she has the kind of room I like ready. I find her attitude and delivery to be professional. She handles the staff the same way she does me, with professionalism and grace. I really appreciate the extra touch, going out of her way to accommodate requests. As the senior manager of a client services team, I want all the folks out there to know that Jennifer represents the best in customer service. Best wishes to all.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris M
Dear Chris M,

Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review! It is great to hear that Jennifer has made you feel right at home during your stay. Your review will be shared with Jennifer and the rest of the staff as we never get tired of reading amazing reviews! Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Karen on night shift was extremely kind and helpful. Her work is the description of customer satisfaction. She went out of her way to help me!! The location of the hotel was also fantastic, close to many restaurants and a short drive to the beach

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Mbrown261,

Thank you for the fantastic 5-star review! Your great review will be shared with Karen and the rest of the staff as I am sure they will love reading all your wonderful comments. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I reserved a room at the Holiday Inn in Toms River for a wedding about 2 months prior to the wedding date. I spoke with someone and informed them that I either needed two rooms or a room with 2 double beds and a cot as we would be having 5 people in the room. I confirmed twice that I needed a cot and was guaranteed there would be a cot upon arrival. I called about 3 weeks before the date and talked to the front desk supervisor to see about early check-in and to confirm the cot. She said that she could not guarantee early check-in but did confirm the note about the cot.

When I checked in (after check-in time by the way), I was informed that the cot would be delivered to the room within 5 -10 minutes. Halfway through the reception, I went up to the room to check that the cot had been delivered, but it was not there. After calling the front desk, I was informed that there were no more cots available, that there was no way that I was guaranteed a cot as that was not in their policy, and that it was basically my problem.

Once I hung up the phone, I went down to the front desk with the names of the people I had spoken to on both occasions and the confirmation number. The two current front desk workers informed me that the first employee that I spoke to no longer worked there and that the second was not supposed to guarantee me anything (as if that was explanation enough). I asked to speak with a supervisor and she basically reiterated what the first two people told me. She also offered me a blow up mattress - oh great! After explaining to her that this was unacceptable, she informed me that that was all she could do for me. Only after requesting, did she offer to cut the cost of the room in half.

I will say the wedding was nice - the waitstaff was very pleasant and the food was decent. It was open bar, but the drinks seemed pretty weak or watered-down.

Overall though, the customer service was horrendous, including the bartender at the bar after the wedding. I was not the only person at the wedding who seemed to have problems with reservations, check-ins, and customer service. If the waitstaff at the wedding weren't so nice, this hotel would get a 1 star from me. Ironically though, as I was walking out of the room to checkout, I noticed Holiday's Inn Hospitality Promise ... HILARIOUS.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ashley333
Jenny F, Manager at Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Ashley333,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Toms River. We appreciate your feedback and would like to take this opportunity to address some of your concerns. We did make a note in the system that you requested a cot when you made your reservation. However, we do not guarantee cots. Our staff suggested to make another room reservation in case a cot was not available upon your check-in. We would have cancelled the additional room if a cot was available. We apologize that you did not completely enjoy your stay, and we wish you the best in your future travels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toms River
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Point Pleasant Manor
Point Pleasant Manor
#6 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach

Been to Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore? Share your experiences!