“Wonderful Staff at the Hotel & The Palms Restaurant”

Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We have stayed for entire weekends at this hotel 3 years in a row to participate in the NJ YMCA 12 and Under Championships. The staff at the hotel and restaurant attached are wonderful. They all were very accomodating to the needs of our swimmer and it was so appreciated. One day our room housekkeper, Rafaela, was sprucing up our room when we arrived and she was so pleasant and friendly. Her attitude showed she cared about her job and about satisfying the customers. She put a smile on all of our faces!

The hotel shared that they had Hurricane Sandy families staying at the hotel. We ran into a few that were doing laundry - very nice to see a hotel with laundry facilities available! I am happy to say that all staff members throughout the entire weekend were not only helpful and friendly but also personable showing that they care about the hotel's image.

Thank you, Toms River Holiday Inn! We look forward to seeing you next year also!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Jenny F, Manager at Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear SoFun123,

THANK YOU! This review is wonderful and we are so glad that you consistently choose to stay with us over the years. Your amazing comments will be shared with the entire staff. Thank you again for the outstanding review.

We cannot wait to see you next year!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a one night stay on Monday. I called to make reservations directly and Jennifer did an excellent job while be very pleasant and informative. The folks at the desk when we arrived were friendly and efficient, we had a drink before retiring and Vince again was pleasant and professional. After a good evenings sleep in a CLEAN room, we finished our stay with an enjoyable breakfast provided by efficient, friendly and professional service. All the bases were covered.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Bob G,

Thank you for the wonderful review of Holiday Inn Toms River! It is great to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

On February 26, 2013 I had the pleasure of coming across the hotel front desk and was absolutely please with the service I received. I came with several question and or request and the young ladies who attended to me were more than helpful. Not ony did they answer my questions but also answered questions I did not know I needed answered. They accoplished their objective quickly, effectively, and with a smile. It is nice to know that you're treated like family when you're away from your family. These ladies were Karyn on the midnight shift and Megan on the evening shift. Thank you. Eddie Reyes

• Stayed: February 2013
Jenny F, Manager at Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Hi Eddie,

Your review of the Holiday Inn Toms River put a big smile each one of our staff members! We thank you for a great 5-star review. It is always a pleasure hearing that our guests enjoyed their stay with us. Our staff works diligently to make sure our guests are happy and comfortable with their accommodations, and it makes us feel great to know our efforts are paying off.

Thanks again and we hope you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in jersey on way home from Fl. Two girls were working. We got there and two girls were working one was super nice other rude. We told them we had a coupon from the hotel book and the rude one said we couldn't use it bc hotel was at almost max capacity she just was snotty. Funny though girl who checked us in I paid what the coupon was! Ha! Room was size of a closet said it was in the new wing but looked ousted dark and cold! Blasted the heat but was still freezing! Bathroom was the best part yet was small was very clean and that looked new! I would not stay here again or recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank JaynicLeBeau11
Jenny F, Manager at Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear JaynicLeBeau11-

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Toms River on TripAdvisor. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. These issues will be addressed with the entire staff and appropriate steps will be taken to make sure they do not happen again.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

When searching for a hotel that was close to Lakehurst NAS for business, I noticed all the excellent ratings for this hotel and had no hestitation in booking my room right away. When I arrived, things were a bit different than I imagined. I know the hotel is a little bit older, but service shouldn't slip the way I experienced it; I travel for work quite often, and will be returning to Lakehurst as well, but you can be guaranteed that I won't be staying in this hotel again.

My first impression of the hotel was already a bit odd. Walking into the hotel, there was a guest outside of the hotel, sitting in their vehicle that was idling outside of the hotel entrance, smoking marijunana. That was a little bit different, but hey, I didn't say anything to anybody, so whatever. The hotel itself wasn't smoking marijuana, after all. It made me feel a little unsafe, though.

The second issue was that the walls are PAINFULLY thin. I'm usually a pretty heavy sleeper and can put up with some noise, but my headboard was right against the wall, where next to me, the guest's TV was on until midnight or later. I could hear every word, every commercial...and it can't have been that loud! The first night I called the front desk to ask if the room could be called to turn the TV down. The second night, the front desk called MY room to ask me to turn the TV down...around 11:30 at night, while I was sleeping. My tv wasn't on. I went over to the Wal-Mart and bought a set of ear plugs for the remaining three nights of my stay. They would've helped additionally when I came back from a long day to find the hotel fire alarm on and the fire marshall assisting to turn the alarms off before I could go back to my room. It also didn't help that the ice machine is in an alcove in the hallway, which my room was right next to, so I experienced the grinding sounds of ice at all hours of the night.

My third issue was that the rooms themselves are small, have loud, grinding air conditioning units, and every morning, and more than once when I arrived back from work, smelled of cigarette smoke. I also didn't find the housekeeping to be consistent. When I first arrived, none of the coffee was replaced (multiple mornings), and rolling over in bed and staring at the side table put me face-to-face with an enormous wad of gum that had obviously been missed by housekeeping. I cleaned this gum off myself. Other days, the coffee was replaced and things were tidy. It seemed hit or miss. Housekeeping also vacuumed at odd hours, such as 10pm, waking me up in what sounds like the largest vacuum imaginable. Additionally, small things that make your trip easier, such as having a bathtub plug, having toiletries replaced, or having an express check-out or even your bill slid under the door on the day of check-out would have been nice.

My biggest issues with this hotel had to be the thin walls and feeling like I wasn't a valued guest. Normally, being a Priority Club member, I look for consistency in the Holiday Inns that I stay at and am usually pleased with the service and comfortable no matter where I travel. The hotel doesn't have to be five-star for me to have an enjoyable stay, and this unfortunately was far from enjoyable. When I return to the area again, I won't be choosing this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Christine C

Dear Christine C,

Holiday Inn Toms River would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to have our guests feel comfortable and at home during their stay, and it’s very unfortunate that this was your experience. We would like to address some of the issues you experienced. We are very sorry to hear that your room caused you trouble. We always encourage our guests to contact management as soon as possible when issues arise with their room. We are happy to move guests into a different room if it will make their stay more enjoyable. Unfortunately, we did experience a period during the day when the fire alarms went off due to an incident that occurred that needed the attention of the fire department. In regards to the housekeeping issue, we understand your frustration. Housekeeping cleans the rooms on a daily basis unless there is a Do Not Disturb note on the door. Housekeeping is not allowed to enter these rooms under any circumstances, so that could be why you room was not cleaned every day of your stay.

This is not typical of our property, and we would like it if you gave the Holiday Inn Toms River another opportunity to show you an excellent stay. If you choose to stay with us again, please contact management and they will be able to set you up with appropriate accommodations.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

It was a delight talking and dealing with Jennifer Hayden Schel during our stay at Holiday Inn. She was so friendly and helpful. Should we have a need to stay in south Jersey in the future, Holiday Inn will be our choice.

Room 320

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Jenny F, Manager at Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Joann B-

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Toms River! Thank you so much for the 5-star review, and the wonderful comments about our front desk manager, Jennifer. Your comments will be shared with her and the entire staff.

We can't wait until your next visit!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I spent 3 weeks at the hotel. Jennifer is great!!!! She knows every guest by name and will greet you everyday as you come and go.,Her CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SECOND TO NONE! THE HOUSEKEEPING'S STAFF IS AWESOME!! The hotel is very clean and the bed are nice. The front deck did everything to make my stay nice, and the food is good.

Rickye R.

Room Tip: if you need anything just call the front desk they will take care of you.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Hi Ricksolutions,

Wow! What a wonderful review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Jennifer made such a great impression. Your comments will be shared with the entire staff.

Thank you for the fantastic 5-star review! We hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toms River
#4 of 11 in Toms River
Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch

Been to Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore? Share your experiences!