“Taking care of people and those who help to care for people as well”

Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed here for the Home Show at the Pine Belt Arena and got an eye and ear full. There were Red Cross, Savation Army and the clean up crews needed because of Sandy. I especialy felt for those who were staying here because they had no home left. The Staff handled the goings on with great patience and humor. I left my ball cap in the room after checking out so I called them to see if they had it. I was phoned about twenty mins. later to be told that it was being held at the desk.

Room Tip: New Jersey roads are hard to get used to. What's a Jugg Handle?
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear dandapatioman,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Hi, first off I feel like I am easy to please, but I'm really annoyed with my choice of hotels. I'm in town for a funeral, and I debated back and forth between the days inn and the holiday inn. I haven't traveled much in the past few months with a new infant and a small child I'd much rather stay at home or with family. This trip demanded a lot of family traveling so I had no choice. I called both hotels before booking and got pleasant staff who told me about the hotels etc. Ashley was helpful and I even called the rewards program line to retrieve my program number etc. I ended up choosing holiday inn because they said they could accommodate me with a crib, the pool and sauna were open, no construction was being done, they had a restaurant, and the number one reason was the service I received from the woman on the rewards line when I called. I even waited for five minutes on hold to make sure her supervisor new the reason I booked with holiday inn. Okay so here comes the ugly. I called before leaving home to request my room have a crib ( also written on my reservation. I got into town at 12:30 and called to see if I could check in early, was told no, earliest I could be checked in was 3. I said okay I understand ( I had been told on a previous phone call that they are booked up from sandy victims, no suites or connecting rooms available.) but can you make sure I have a crib in my room. Nicole told me that it was no problem. So I come into the hotel just after three twenty I wait to check in because phones etc line. No problems. I check in and ask for help with finding a family friendly restaurant for ten family members etc....great help there. So I unload my car and children, my sister who is handicapped etc, and bring everything to my room. I get up there and there isn't a crib. I ran back Dow stairs and to my car for something because there was a line and phone ringing again. I wait in line and the girl at the desk has changed but she says sure she will send the crib right up and she has a guy in house and ready. I thank her and go as I hear her tell someone to bring me a crib. Five thirty I call the front desk because I'm still waiting for the crib and I've got a cranky sleepy baby. In the meantime I had unpacked and killed two bugs ...I've got kids and beetle type bugs ( we call them stink bugs) don't really offend me as long as they aren't all over or in my bed . Although finding a second one disturbed me since housekeeping was still on my floor when I checked in. I used the stairs for one of.my trips because they had the two elevators blocked off. Anyways I'm put. On hold for seven minutes to basically be told they are out of cribs. No one ever had the decency to inform me of this, I had to wait two hours and call them. Secondly if someone told me in the morning I could have brought my own pack and play. Thirdly my relatives could have even at three o clock . They wanted me to switch rooms to the fourth floor where I could sleep on a sofa pull out with my daughter so that I could use the wall to keep her on the sofa. She's eight months old and can crawl and walk while holding things. There is no way I am going to endanger her safety thank you for the offer though. So after we all left for dinner (changed are minds about eating with the hotel restaurant, because I went to check out the pool only to see a sign stating that the sauna was closed for routine maintenance) I got to run to target at quarter to ten at night and buy a pack and play. Guess what, the store didn't have sheets for it but at least I got her a crib. Now she's in it with a spare blanket from the front desk (thank you Jennifer) but I'm so angry I can't sleep. Everyone has been very nice and very friendly, and I appreciate that, but getting customers by pretty lies is not fair. I paid almost forty dollars more to stay here because I was happy to see such nice customer service in a world were service seems to be long gone. Now I'm really regretting it. Having a restaurant on site that we didn't even use to it because of the crib/pool incident wasn't worth the trouble. We plan on checking out in the morning after breakfast and so does the rest of our family and guests in town for the funeral. It's sad that I haven't been to a holiday inn in such a long time and this was such an awful trip.
There is a very small workout area ,I believe three machines total. Elevators are slow and smaller but there is more than one. The restaurant staff seemed pleasant when I stopped In ,with a full menu breakfast, lunch, dinner( not sure of pricing). Our sink doesn't seem to drain fast. Sheets and bedding are clean, you may need to ask for extras. We booked for three adults one child and an infant and only received two bath towels. The gentleman who brought us a blanket also was helpful with towels. When I checked in the bellhop cart wheels didn't really go but the man picking up room service told me to leave it in the hall and he would take it away. So there seems to. Be a lot of very pleasant staff, but not enough supplies and the front desk needs more staff for sure or a reception line for phone calls to be directed to during busy times.

Room Tip: Another guest told me the fourth floor is nicer with better water flow for toilets/sinks. Full size...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SallySecNy

Dear SallySecNy,

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Toms River. Our guests and their experience with us is our number one priority, and this situation should have been handled very differently and we apologize for that. We have been very busy following Hurricane Sandy with families without homes and FEMA workers, but this should not affect the customer service we provide to all our guests. The entire staff has been instructed how to handle situations like this moving forward.

Again we sincerely apologize this was your experience with the Holiday Inn Toms River, and we appreciate the positive comments you left.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed here 12/28/12 while visiting family who were displaced due to hurricane sandy. I was pleasantly surprised with the look of the room. The bathroom looked like it had been redone with granite counters and new tub/shower. I liked the shampoo and conditioner from bath and bodyworks. The king size bed was comfortable, but pillows were only standard size. King size pillows would have made a nice difference. The coffee was horrible in the room as well as the free coffee downstairs. Ordered rooms service which was reasonable priced for eggs, bacon and toast. Only complaint was the coffee, which was served in a styrofoam cup and tasted the same as what we got downstairs. Coffee mugs and glassware in the rooms instead of plastic cups would make it seem more upscale. Staff was pleasant . Overall, much better than I expected.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Jenny F, Manager at Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Hi laura1112,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Toms River on TripAdvisor! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We take our guests feedback seriously and will definitely take yours into consideration.

Thank you again for the amazing review, and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

My stay at the hotel was satisfying. I had to stay for a long period of time due to the destruction of my home in Seaside, the staff was very helpful with finding availability for me. At first they said I could only stay for one night, but after that they did there best to accommodate me- and they did for two months. Everything has worked out well, everyone is very helpful and understanding. The overall atmosphere is friendly and pleasant. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay in the Toms River area. I am very pleased with this hotel and all it's provided for me due to the effects of Sandy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Jenny F, Manager at Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Hi firat916,

Thank you for an amazing 5-star review! We are so glad that we could accommodate you for your extended stay after the devastation of Hurricane Sandy.

The entire staff at the Holiday Inn Toms River worked extremely hard to accommodate all of our guests during that period, and it's great to hear that the hard work paid off.

Thank you again for your wonderful comments. They will be shared with everyone here.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed here for a few nights while working on the barrier island for the hurricane response. The service was above par and the room was nice and clean. The breakfast was in the restaurant which is expensive unless you are an upgraded member with Priority Club (which I was). Otherwise I would not have paid for it. The restaurant service was above par as well. Great place for an extended stay in the area. They were very responsive for whatever need arose.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear SlickNEO,

The Holiday Inn Toms River would first like to thank you for your repair efforts after the devastation of Hurricane Sandy. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

We would also like to thank you for an amazing review on Trip Advisor! We hope you plan to stay with us again if you are in the area.

From the staff at the Holiday Inn Toms River

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed with my team of TSA EDS workers at the hotel and the whole staff went above and beyond the call of duty and did so with a smile on their face most of the time. The staff were very helpful and accomodating. Any request whether big or small was handled with grace. The only thing and it was a very little thing was that the music in the hallways was a little loud and you could hear it in the rooms at night. Breakfast was very enjoyable and the service was great.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Hi Joanne H,

Thank you for an amazing 5-star review of the Holiday Inn Toms River! We are so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Your wonderful comments will be shared with the entire staff. We hope you plan to stay with us again the future!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Recently stayed for three days in the Holiday Inn on Route 37 East, Toms River, NJ. The hotel was immaculate, quiet, and very accomodating. Even though they were sold out due to an overabundance of displaced people due to Hurricane Sandy, the staff went out of their way to please everyone. The breakfast buffet was sumptuous, and the staff, led by Jennifer, went over and above board. All in all, a perfect 10 stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Jenny F, Manager at Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Hi Bob R,

Wow! What a wonderful review! We are so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. The customer experience is our number one priority, and we are happy to hear that we successfully achieved that.

Your wonderful comments will be shared with the entire staff, and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toms River
#4 of 11 in Toms River
Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch

Been to Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore? Share your experiences!