“Ruined Vacation”

Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We spent days planning , hours driving , made many different reservations, to send few days at the shore. When we arrived at the room we could not get the shower to work and you have to go on a waiting list to get a frig. The maintenance man came after waiting and pulled out the control with two hands but none of us were that strong. Also, the bathroom had a warped door that could not close, so basically the bathroom was unusable. Room 220. When we complained the the front desk, these smugly said they never had that problem before and can only offer us a lesser room with nowhere for my son to sleep. Jennifer no longer works there, when we asked for a refund, their only concern was that the room was clean so they could rent it again. They offered no discount , apology , nothing and had the audacity to say we made two long distance calls , to the front desk?? We could not find another hotel in the area and had to drive three hours back home. I see that mgt. follows-up on complaints with the usual BS , but never offering nothing to the people for their losses.

1  Thank Tomlawrence
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Tomlawrence,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the bathroom issue you experienced. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is a great hotel with reasonable rates. The staff is very friendly and helpful and if you join the rewards club you will get a free breakfast also. This hotel is located close to everything and the maid service is wonderfull. This is an excellent hotel and very good value for the money.

Room Tip: Book early this hotel was completely filled both nights we were there. The girls on the front desk...
2  Thank 1Ron
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My daughters wedding was there and it was amazing.The staff did a great job.We had many people coming from out of state and they all had a good time staying over.Its nice to have about 30 people and not one complaint.Thanks again.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I attended a wedding at this Holiday Inn last weekend and I have to say it was fantastic! The food was to die for and the staff was very attentive and thorough! I would so have my next event here! I did not stay overnight on this visit, but I have in the past and the beds are comfortable, rooms are clean and breakfast was yummy! I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on business or pleasure. It's also a great location for the beach.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Me and my gorgeous wife come stay at the Holiday Inn on a regular basis for some much deserved r&r just to be greeted and taking care of so professionally by these two young women.i just thought since they go out of there way to make our stay is a comfortable one i at least can give them some recognition in this review for there over the top assistance they provide us with.the hotel itself is very nice,they are upgrading all of the rooms which are a little outdated but CLEAN!very important in my review!what i like most about this hotel is the kind of people that stay here,everyone acts proper and mature which is awesome!i stay here on a regular basis and will continue to.

Room Tip: 1st floor smells like smoke,avoid it if u dont
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My room was clean and the staff the nice (which is why I rate it avg instead of poor). The first floor hallway reaked of cigarette smoke and overall throughout the hotel the carpets were very dirty and there was a moldy dirty carpet smell. After one night there I have to stop at the CVS for sinus meds and a fellow traveller was in the same boat. The hotel would be great if they would clean or replace the carpets and couches (the one in the room I stayed was pretty badly stained) and clean the vents.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2012

From the minute we checked in I couldn't have felt more welcomed! The staff at at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. I couldn't say more words than an excellent venue here at the Holiday Inn. From the time we arrived at the wedding the ballroom was beautiful and the exceptional service we had received during the wedding reception.
This is our second time back here for a wedding and Samantha (maitre d) took great care of us throughout the wedding and made everything turn out perfect! We couldn't have had a better time. Also the food was EXCELLENT from the cocktail hour to our surf & turf dinner. For the price and the venue I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
#3 of 11 in Toms River
Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch

Been to Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore? Share your experiences!