“Very pleasant experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
Pomona, New York
“Very pleasant experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was very surprised to read negative reviews about this property. I have stayed here many times and each time I found the staff to be pleasant, accommodating, and friendly. The rooms were clean, parking convenient and safe. The front desk staff, both Tony and TJ were very polite. In the summer time the location is perfect due to the proximity to the Seaside Heighst amusements, and a short distance from Atlantic City. Check out time is 11:00 am, however, there is some leaway. When making my reservation TJ was on the desk and was very polite and accommodating.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water are nice if you like a water view. I have stayed in various rooms and they w...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
hope, nj
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Pros:Friendly staff, good coffee, room was clean
Cons:Very run down, Hallway carpet looked like it hadn't ever been shampooed, building needed maintenance(painting, repairs)Had to wait a few minutes for one of the guests to move her 75lb pit bull mix so we could get to our room(afraid of large dogs) I didn't know you could bring pets! Room was non smoking but smelled of heavy smoke. There is was no closet, just a shelf with bars but no hangers. Workout room looked decent but when I asked for the key I was told someone had deficated on the floor so they closed it. I asked if there was a bathroon near the lobby the answer was yes but they didn't have a key. Our room was on the front side of the motel so it was very noisey all night. (24hr convenience store was accross the street, and there was heavy road traffic) The next morning I found a dog had pooped in the hallway I advised the font desk and the cleaning person cleaned it labout an hour later(I hope not too maney people stepped in it during that hour) I noticed there appeared to be 8am beer drinkers living in the storage room.

Room Tip: If you still want a room after that review good luck
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jimmmyHope_Nj

Travelers are raving about these Toms River hotels

Yorktown Heights, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I am surprised by some of the negative reviews. Whenever I'm in Toms River area I choose this place. Red Roof Inns are always clean and fair-priced. Tom's River Red Roof has a convenience store right across the street, safe parking lot in the back and the guy at the front desk, T.J., is polite and accommodating. There's a little four-seater bar downstairs which is actually quite nice. Rooms have wi-fi, refrig, microwave and TV. Last time I was there I needed to stay a few hours past checkout and was told no problem. When I tried to tip the front desk he wouldn't accept it.

IMPORTANT: I sometimes book a smoking room, but not here. The smoking section is downstairs and smells pretty bad. Also, since the window is at ground level you look outside and see car bumpers and tires, or headlights shine into the room when guests park their cars. I went to the front desk to complain and and the manager apologized and immediately gave me another room. He was very nice about it. Non-smoking rooms on ground level and 2nd floor are fine.

Room Tip: Don't book a smoking room. I'm a smoker and even I couldn't take the smell. My one and o...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank John T
Emmaus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here over Memorial Day for one night. Not only did they rip us off by charging $200 a night, but the place was a dump!!!! The beds were like sleeping on a box spring, curtains were ripped and it smelled like smoke. When I wrote to the management, they only sent me an apology email. I'll never stay with them again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Diane H
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

The service we got was great on our 4 night stay at this red roof. This was our fourth red roof on our trip and it was by far the best we have stayed at. We stayed here for location and it paid off big time! You get the best of two worlds in Toms River. New York is only an hour and a half away and then the Jersey shore is a 15 min drive to all the best areas. We layed on the each and went to the big city all in the same trip. Everything in Toms river, Seaside Heights and surrouding area is super expensive. This red roof is overpriced in comparison to other red roofs but you are paying for location. There service was so good!! Asked us everytime of we were happy with our rooms as enjoying our stay, the gal in the bar (yes bar attached) was awesome in giving us travel advice! The room was clean but they are run down and do need improvements. I hope that they will update some of the stained furniture and carpets, especially with the price point. NO BED BUGS AT ALL!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Homestead, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

At first I saw the reviews and I didn't want to book but my gut feeling lead to me do so anyways. We rrived to the room it was still being cleaned which we didn't mind because at least we knew the room was clean. The staff was very nice although I pictured the room to be a tad bit bigger. I couldn't find any bed bugs. The hotel was a bit out dated but It was great except the breakfast wasn't what I thought it would be they really didn't have much to offer but it was free and it was good. When we would ask for new towels or anything at all for that matter the house keeping staff were always there in less than two minutes. Everyone made us feel very comfortable and welcomed. The room was clean everything worked properly and over all it was amazing. They were just amazing and I loved it. I'll deff be staying again next year when I visit again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Horsham, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 6 days. We had NO problems with bedbugs, fights, drug dealers etc. Sean at the front desk was WONDERFUL!!! He brought towels and menus and whatever else we needed right up to our room. TJ was GREAT as well. Our children had a blast at this hotel feeding the ducks everyday at the waterside. The room was clean and smelled fresh and the air conditioner was soooo cold my daughter asked if we had a sweatshirt in the car she could put on. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!!! Thanks for the great time!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ramada Toms River
#3 of 11 in Toms River
3.5 of 5 stars 1,071 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood

Been to TP Hotel? Share your experiences!