“very good service”

Order Online
Ranked #48 of 339 Restaurants in Toms River
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed November 18, 2018

great pizza and mussels good prices very clean workers were very nice and sevice was great no long wait

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed November 8, 2018

Went with friends for dinner on a Tuesday night. Front part is a pizzeria, but they have a nice dining room in the back. Service was good. Excellent bread and marinated olives for the table, which was refilled. Ordered different meat and fish entrees, and everything was fresh and well prepared. Street parking is free after 5pm.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

I had a terrible experience today and I just want to start off by saying not everyone working there is rude. However, I did have a very bad encounter with a man working at Capones. In general, this establishment has food that tastes bland with nothing special about it, and I am a paying costumer with feelings. He came up to me while I was eating and made a comment to me that really hurt. I don’t know why he thought it was okay to do this and I don’t know how to address this with the restaurant. I will be getting his name and complaining. Beware :(

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Stay25244357972
Reviewed August 1, 2018

Me and my attorney had to appear in court one day in the morning for a civil matter and after he had won the case for me we had left and had walked down Washington street to get something to eat and to discuss the huge settlement I was going to be receiving and we spotted this place as decided to go in and try and we are sure glad that we did.

All of the staff was very nice and professional and we had ordered one of their gourmet Pizza's. When the Pizza arrived at our table it looked absolutely delicious for sure and we began to eat and the entire Pizza was excellent and made exactly the way we ordered it and there was no grease and was not burnt at all.

We were very happy and very satisfied eating at this place and I highly recommend Capone's Gourmet Pizza & Pasta to everyone if you are looking for really great Pizza in Ocean County.

Keep up the great work Capone's...! Mangia..!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed July 25, 2018

Our son and his college-aged daughter who live in Toms River frequent Capone’s and recently asked us to meet them there for dinner, which we did twice in June. The first time we went, June 18, we were pleasantly surprised from the time we sat down until we walked out with our nicely packaged leftovers. We were served delicious olives and bread—and then salads. We all liked our meals, and the portions were very generous: my son and granddaughter had eggplant; my husband and I had a layered chicken special. The waitress, Kira, asked us if we wanted separate bags to take home our leftovers.

We were happy to return a week later, June 26. This time, after we ordered, the waitress brought the dish of olives and bread, but no bread plates. My son looked for her, and finally called her and told her we had no bread plates. She brought them and said that our salads will be right out, which they were before we could enjoy the olives and bread. My son, granddaughter, and husband ordered eggplant. We understood from the menu that you could have a choice of salad or pasta, and my husband ordered pasta. The waitress appeared back at our table and told him he couldn’t have pasta with eggplant—only salad. He questioned her, but she was firm about it.

When we finished the meal, the waitress packaged all the leftovers and put them in one bag—without asking if we wanted separate bags.

My husband just read this and said, “We had two different dining experiences—all because of the waitresses.”

Date of visit: June 2018