“Delicious Italian Food, Nicely Decorated & Excellent Service”
Review of Villa Amalfi

Villa Amalfi
Ranked #32 of 298 Restaurants in Toms River
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

One of the best Italian restaurants I have found in Toms River. We went for the early bird but it is not offered on the weekend. Inside decorations are traditional Italian nicely appointed. Take note of the big beautiful mural at the entrance. It's not a very large place so I recommend making a reservation on the weekend. The menu has plenty of choices to satisfy everyone. The waiter was excellent & attentive. I ordered a special that was Salmon topped with 1 large Scallop & 1 large Shrimp, Asparagus & Risotto. This was excellent. My friend had Shrimp over large noodle pasta (Pappardelle) with diced Prosciutto in a pink sauce. Delicious! Both were large servings. You will not leave here hungry. Real good wine list. We both had a glass of wine but skipped dessert. I would advise against bringing kids. The atmosphere is meant for couples out for a quiet evening & a great tasting meal. We will be back here many times.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

You will not be disappointed. Early birds are fabulous, includes wine, dessert, coffee, saalad, and of course a choice of excellently prepared entrees.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Had dinner with friends, our first time here. Mike was an excellent server. The Francais combo of chicken, veal & shrimp over linguine was delicious as was the shrimp Gamboni. We'll be returning.

3  Thank Robert L
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Went out with a group of ten for a holiday party for business. Usually we go to restaurants in Seaside Park but due to the storm there is no access. After reading reviews we decided we would try this place and we are glad we did. Barring you are not looking for a swanky modern motif this place is fantastic. Everyone raved about their main dishes, I had the franchese platter and I could rave for days about the quality. Pricing was decent, food excellent. Will definitely revisit it. Appetizers and soups were utterly amazing. Drinks poured well but a little pricey for the quality of selection of top shelf. Great service, we had Brad, very professional and attentive

2  Thank Adam R
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Excellent service, good atmosphere, great Italian food. The owner is also the chef and it is a family run business that shows in the quality of your dinner experience. I rate this a fine dinner experience and highly recommend it

2  Thank Lou C