“Yummy!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Whippany, New Jersey
“Yummy!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner there last night!! We went early to beat the crowds! We ordered a shrimp cocktail and a order of fried calamari for appetizer! Both were great!! The portion of the fried calamari was HUGE!!!! Our dinners were excellent and our waitress was super!! Here for another week and we are SO comming back!!
Thank you!!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank AmieJo

Meriden, Connecticut
“Well, it LOOKED promising........”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

On the first trip of this year to the Jersey Shore, we found ourselves getting hungry about 5:00. I'm not as familiar with the Toms River area as I am with Point Pleasant or Long Beach Island, so I decided to check with the "Points of Interest" feature on the car's nav system. Pisces was the nearest place to our location, so we decided to give it a try. From the outside it looked like the typical Shore seafood place: unassuming and nautical; there were lots of cars in the parking lot, so we figured it must be OK. Inside, the place was freshly scrubbed and newly neatened, so, being that it was a block or so from the water, we figured it had just recovered from Sandy.

(One caveat: On returning home I checked out the prices for the online menu of this place. The prices we paid were at least 40% higher than those quoted on the website.)

Inside, the decor was pure, second-ratre diner, with no atmosphere whatsoever. (This could be a good thing, since some of the best seafood places at the shore are like that.) The dining area abutted a fresh seafood takeout window. And then we saw the menu: prices were extremely high for a place like this - almost double what I'd expect them to be. There were no 'fancy' dishes, such as stuffed whatever, available. We ordered the broiled scallops and shrimp, and the fish and chips. The the breaded fish and chips was OK; however, the portion wasn't that great for the price. The broiled dish was disappointing and mundanely prepared. Overall opinion if the food: Ehhch. Considering the prices we paid for it: Yuck! There must be better values in the area, and I have no intention of ever giving this place another chance. Very disappointed!

• Visited June 2013