“Best Won Ton soup this side of Chinatown New York!”

Golden Garden Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #144 of 297 Restaurants in Toms River
Cuisines: Chinese
Southampton, NJ
“Best Won Ton soup this side of Chinatown New York!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My mother and I wanted to have lunch near the craft store we were going to. I saw the sign and thought, "Why not Chinese?" The lunch specials included soup AND egg roll, plus dessert! The price for the Lo Mein special was $7.50 and my Boneless Ribs was $6.95. The Won Ton soup had the best broth. You could tell it was chicken! Many Won Ton soups have broth that tastes like dishwater, not here. Won Tons were tender and well seasoned. My boneless ribs were sweet and delicious as was the Lo Mein. When the waitress asked if we wanted ice cream (included) we were stunned. A great dining experience. We will definitely go back.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jezziebones

Bayville, New Jersey
“Not great by any stretch of the imagination”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Everything tastes the same as if everything is being cooked in the same pan or maybe the chef puts the same spice in every dish. Pad Thai was god awful! Scallion pancakes were good. General changs tastes like ketchup. Not impressed at all. Server was friendly and quick.

• Visited January 2014
Toms River, New Jersey
“went for lunch”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

food was good, nothing great. Had the chicken with garlic sauce. my friend had chicken with broccoli. Soup was very good, but egg roll was a little dry. The lunch was OK... did not 'wow' me at all. Service was fine, attentive. I had the tea which was good. We took the leftovers with us and left them in the car while we made a quick stop at a store. When we returned, the stink inside my car (15 mins maybe)--was so bad, we just tossed out the leftovers. I doubt I would try it again.

• Visited October 2013
Toms River, New Jersey
“Nice atmosphere and very tasty food!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The food at this restaurant was very tasty. The waiters were extremely accommodating and the atmosphere was relaxing. The menu offers a nice selection to choose from. The food arrived hot and very tasty!!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Misha J
BrickUSA
“Try the Duck”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This restaurant does take out... a good business of take out indeed. Yet please be aware that it has an actual dining room...it's a real Chinese Restaurant...in an area where there is so many Chinese "Restaurants" that are just a counter to receive the take out customer...this is a place to go where you can spend an hour or more. I have a couple of negative things to report, but give this restaurant a try anyway....because our couple of things probably won't affect you. #1 They forgot to bring our appetizer. After waiting a generous amount of time we asked about it...they brought it out shortly after that. #2 My wife (who is from Asia) ordered the whole crispy fish....which I can't even find on the take out menu....my wife said it was way too salty. As for me, I had the duck and it was great! My 11 year old daughter shared it with me and she ate it all quickly. So there it is folks...a real sit down Chinese restaurant at the Jersey Shore. Just stay away from the Whole fish and you'll probably be glad you gave this restaurant a try.

• Visited April 2013