“Really good pizza!”
Review of Tony's Pasta House

Tony's Pasta House
Ranked #84 of 339 Restaurants in Toms River
Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

Ate here with a Jersey friend who's lived in Kansas for the past few years. She specifically requested pizza during her visit because she can't get good pizza there. Tony's did not disappoint. We split a large pie with our requested toppings and had plenty to bring home. Loved to mussels appetizer, the marinara of which tasted like it was finished with a touch of butter.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

Eight of us went there on a Saturday night. Every meal was amazing. The portions were very generous and the quality outstanding. The seafood dish I had rivaled any NYC restaurant at half the cost. I can't wait to return for another delicious meal.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank CharlesandPaula
Reviewed October 29, 2016 via mobile

Happened upon this restaurant while in town for hockey. Fantastic gourmet pizza in a nice interior setting. Don't let the exterior fool you!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed October 23, 2016

We heard about Tony's Pasta House from a friend after I voiced an observation that it was hard to find a good restaurant in the Toms River area. She spoke glowingly of Tony's so we decided to check it out.

Tony's is located in the Home Depot shopping Center on Route 9 and Indian Head Road in Toms River. The shopping center itself has fallen on hard times, many businesses have abandoned the place, but Tony's is not typical of them and is still open and doing well. The place is clean, tastefully decorated and inviting. The staff are all dressed in black shirts and aprons and greet you pleasantly and cheerfully. We arrived at 5PM on a Saturday and there were no other customers at that time. There is a pizza counter and a big brick pizza oven center stage but the dining area is not a typical pizza place at all.

We were quickly served drinks (BYOB if you want alcohol) and the waitress brought a basket with a fresh out of the oven loaf of Rosemary Bread and a dish of seasoned olive oil for dipping. Delicious!!! We both had soup. A delicious Pasta Fagioli in a small bowl with some farfalle pasta, cooked just right. The white beans were tender but not mushy, the broth tasty, and the farfalle was al dente. My dining partner had the daily special chicken noodle soup, also with farfalle and he reported it was delicious. Next were the house salads to accompany our meal. The salads were mixed young greens with a sweet creamy Italian dressing. A small salad but just right as a before dinner greens.

Next came the entrees! Mine was called "MEZZI RIGATONI ZIO GIUSEPPE $14.95
Mini rigatoni tossed with crumbled sweet Italian sausage, garlic, sundried tomatoes, peas, and onions finished in a parmigiano cream sauce". A taste sensation and a very reasonable price. My dinner partner had "LEMON CHICKEN $12.95
Chicken medallions in a lemon butter sauce over Capellini" and reported it too was really really good. The portions were large and we wound up taking about half of each entree home.

Dessert for my dinner partner was a fresh cannoli and for me a hollowed out lemon filled with lemon sherbet. Both were terrific.

Give Tony's a try if you're in the Toms River area. You won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: October 2016
2  Thank David C
Reviewed September 25, 2016

Wish I could rate the food -- but -- we went to Pasta house on a Saturday night - we were seated and given menus. There were only 3 or 4 other tables there, yet, no waitress acknowledged us , even with my husband waving his arm to get their attention. They helped other tables that were just steps away but never even offered us a glass of water. After 15+ minutes we got up and left. The owner and staff seemed confused as to who even knew that we were there.
I knew the service in this place was ALWAYS slow - but this really takes the cake. I WILL NEVER RETURN

Date of visit: September 2016