“Great place to go (hope you don't get the rude waitress we got on our last visit)”

Lisa's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #38 of 339 Restaurants in Toms River
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 25, 2018

Our son and his college-aged daughter live very close to Lisa’s Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria and have eaten there several times starting last November. This restaurant’s food is excellent, portions are generous, and very reasonably priced.

We actually got a take-out order for my son a couple of weeks ago—eggplant, salad, pasta, bread, perfectly wrapped (and delicious), for under $14.00!

Last Tuesday, July 17, my husband and I met our son and granddaughter there for dinner. We thoroughly enjoyed our meals: eggplant, fettuccini Alfredo, shrimp parmesan, and I had a special of cavatelli with broccoli.

When it was time to leave, our waitress brought very small take-out containers to our table. She “dumped” my granddaughter’s eggplant/pasta leftovers into an unappealing mess. But that was ok, but I had 3/4 or my cavatelli meal to take home. She opened a small container. I said, “That won’t fit in there.” She ignored me and kept scraping it in. I said, “Why are you doing that when you know it won’t fit?” She said, “This is what they give me.” She continued piling my leftovers into that small container, which totally filled it to the top of the cover of the container. She shut the container. I said, “I can’t take that into my car because it will leak." She went and got a bigger container and put the smaller one into it. (Later, my son told me that my granddaughter heard her mumble, “Go ahead, fill up your refrigerator.”)

My son told us that he had eaten there with a friend the week before, and his waitress gave them a choice of take-home containers.

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank cbrown8

Reviewed July 9, 2018

The location is convenient to many well traveled roads. I stopped in, from first impression it is a pizza parlor. BUT! There is a back dining room which is sweetly decorated and very cozy. The food is fantastic and they run specials nightly. Included with meal is a very tasty salad, garlic knots and bread warm from the oven. The prices are extremely reasonable. No alcohol served, but you may byob. Enjoy!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Lisa's Pizza not only has a wide variety of delicious food, the employees & Tony (most of the times he delivers to us) are always so pleasant and attentive. They have specials - which we had the 2 Pizza Special last night! YUM!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

So my first thought when entering this place was wow another pizza joint in Toms River and they are all the same... But when you order the calzone or the pizza they are fast and give big portions. Order food for kids and it comes out fast. The Italian food here is just as good as NYC. I give it a solid 10 have been here twice and will go back more.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 26, 2018

For this area, it is a very fine restaurant good pizza and Italian food. This area is so hard to find good pizza it's non existent down the shore but Lisa's is very good.

Date of visit: January 2018