“Oh but the Noise!”

Xina
Ranked #4 of 299 Restaurants in Toms River
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: New restaurant where Ava's by the bay was.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I returned to this restaurant with my family and friends, thinking about the delicious food and not the noise level. I'm delighted they are so very popular. The area needs more restaurants like this one.Their menu is outstanding, but honestly you cannot have more than a three word conversation with the person sitting next to you.The lobster rolls are one of a kind, the duck was, according to my dining family, delicious. The walnut shrimp cannot be matched. Their brownie with ice cream...yum yum! A reservation is a must.
I gave them a four, but I would have given them a ten if it hadn't been so LOUD. Hopefully that can be fixed.
Will I return, yes, but without my hearing aids!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We've had take out from here before, but we went to the restaurant last night to eat. It was amazing! We split three rolls. A sea bass roll, a rainbow roll, and a special roll. The special roll was an everything bagel. It was delicious and unique. The other two rolls were awesome! This was the best non-traditional sushi we've ever had! We finished off by splitting the chocolate chip cookie/oreo cookie/brownie dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Unbelievable! We would go back here in a heartbeat! I would have given this place 5 stars, but it was very noisy. If you go, make a reservation a few days in advance. It was packed! We called on Wednesday for a Saturday reservation and had to go at 5:30. The service was fantastic as well. Very attentive. The price was very reasonable and it was a BYOB! Way to go Xina!!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Im a local and this is the best restaurant to hit the Toms River area. Make a reservation ! and the take out is just as awesome as the eat in

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Four of us went to Xina for a birthday dinner. We ordered three different appys and two different entrees. The Hot and Sour Soup, the Spring Rolls and the Veggie Tempura were excellent! However, the best was yet to come. Three of us ordered the Walnut Shrimp as we had had a similar dish in a restaurant in Cherry Hill. This meal was significantly better by far then our other experience. The shrimp were large and plentiful and the candied walnuts and sauce made for a wonderful meal. The fourth meal was Peking Duck and again, the dish was prepared much to the delight of the diner. The winner by far, was the Walnut Shrimp. Giant shrimp and a great mix of flavors made this an outstanding dish. I can't wait to go back. Just to let you know, by 5:45 on a Thursday night(offseason) the restaurant was packed. Make a reservation so you won't be left out.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Interesting combo of sushi, oyster bar, and Chinese bistro. Our party of 8 had a great time... Lot's of fun. Our table raved about the oysters, sushi, especially the tuna. I went Chinese for my.entree and had the mushu-- very good.

This is a BYOB, and is very busy. we didn't have dessert because we went big on appetizers. The only knock is the noise level due to tiled floor. But diners al around us were having a good time. Staff was friendly and service was good.