“Better than the standard fare”
Review of Nuova Luna - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nuova Luna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Delicious NEW restaurant.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Nuova Luna is under new ownership so we were thinking about giving it a try when I found a coupon in my Clipper Magazine from June. I'm so glad we went in! The staff was friendly, service was good and the food was better than most of the Italian places in the area! I had the Chicken Marsala- cooked perfectly with a light, buttery marsala sauce. The same goes for the chicken parmigiana that my husband ordered. He makes his own sauce and is very critical so if he enjoys it, it has to be good! I was also impressed that we were able to get whole wheat pasta on request. We took our strawberry shortcake to go and it was delicious. If you haven't been here in a while, give it a try!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Nuova Luna is a cozy gem of a place nestled in the heart of Downtown Toms River. The restaurant is under NEW ownership, and they are a breath of fresh air. We thoroughly enjoyed our appetizers, entrees, and dessert. My dinner companion is very fussy about red sauce, but her dish passed the test with flying colors. Note that they have a "Two for $17" deal Monday through Thursday...you can eat very well and not spend a fortune. You should give it a try.

2  Thank rehtrip06
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stopped into Nuova Luna - what a great restaurant. I was greeted at the door and shown to my table. Saw their menu and I liked a lot of the food on there. Loved the lunch menu and the 2 for 17. The wait staff was kind fast and informative. However there was a man who worked their running around yelling at someone through out my lunch - no regard for the patrons that was disappointing. My meal came it was delicious. I will be back again.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We've tried this restaurant twice. There's no problem with the food, but the wait staff definitely needs more training. The first time we ordered paninis and got wraps (which were tasty and well prepared but not what we ordered). The second time the slow service made us late for a meeting. Unless there is some staff training, this is a going to be one of those tragedies where poor service does in a restaurant offering good and tasty food.

1  Thank NJ-Surfcrab
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I went to this restaurant as I was there a few months ago and it was great.Upon ordering the waiter told us it was under new management. I told him I would let him know if it was a good as the old owners. I wanted Shrimp fra Diavlo and it was not on the menu. The waiter said he would be happ to make it for me. The salad was big and dressing good, them we had bread and fresh mozzerella and tomatoe on toasted crustini this was melt in your mouth good. It camr to the shrimp fra diavlo and it was as good or better than the old owners. I told the waiter he would expect us back again and again.

1  Thank Maureen S