“Finally 1st Class Restaurant in downtown toms river”
Review of Nuova Luna - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nuova Luna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Delicious NEW restaurant.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We originally went here with our friends for their Wednesday night price fix menu. Food was superb and the servings were ridiculously large for price fix. Umberto, the chef/owner helped wait the table and regaled us with his knowledge of Italian Cuisine.
It was such a great experience, I returned there for our 35th anniversary and asked "Bert" to fix us something special--never even looked at the menu. He brought us a seafood appy of fresh water mussels, shrimp, crab filled portabella. What made it special is he prepared this with a homemade costa rican sausage that infused the seafood with a very nice kick!
Entrees were even better. Sue wanted fish so he gave her an assortment all grilled and seasoned to perfection. For this veal guy it was a marsala dish with freshly sliced mushrooms. MMMM!
Deserts were his treat and what a treat they were! Tiramasu and a fresh fruit tart. topped off with some espresso and hot tea.
For all this service, his prices are surprisingly fair. Give this place a try! We need quality in TR! You will definitely be back.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Restaurant was nearly empty at dinner time, but waiter still struggled to obtain a balance of hovering over my party or leaving us alone too long with empty glasses. Calamari was very good even though it was fairly crispy (which some may like....I like the breading to be light). Each meal was very rich and swimming in butter which made it hard to taste the food. Atmosphere was colorful but the 80's music didn't seem to fit. Chef made a tour of the restaurant and asked obligatory question if we liked the food. He seemed fine with my answer of "it is ok". Overall, I went expecting to be impressed with the (as of Oct. 2012) #1 restaurant in Toms River but was instead underwhelmed and mostly unimpressed. Perhaps more telling: if I am in this area again, I won't be going back to Nuova Luna.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We celebrated my mom's birthday at Nuova Luna and thanks to Umberto, Patrice, and the rest of staff it is a night to remember. The food is exceptional from the appetizers and the entrees to the desserts. The chocolate ganache birthday cake with whip cream and strawberries Umberto made for my mom was extremely delicious. What made our dining experience even more special is the entertainer Joey B. He is a fine showmen and a great singer. He made us laugh; he made us sing and more important he made us feel at home. I have very high standards when it comes to dining out and Nuova Luna reached beyond my expectations. We will definitely return for more great food, service and entertainment.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I went here tonight for dinner. It was a fantastic experience. I had the Scungulli Marinara appetizer. Scungilli was cooked perfect. I had the Italian Fried Chicken for dinner. Delicious. My wife asked for something not on the menu. Not only did they offer to make it, they asked if there was a special way she would like it. How accomodating is that.. The portions are huge. There was live entertainment tonight and it was very entertaining. You thought you were in a friends house having dinner. The staff is attentive and the food is fabulous.
I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Wow! What a find,, we came w our neighbors to celebrate their anniversary, the owner Umberto was very attentive, ha came to or table repeatedly , great live entertainment! Can't wait to come back!