“Excellent Food and Extremely Accomodating”
Review of Nuova Luna - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nuova Luna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Delicious NEW restaurant.
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I went here tonight for dinner. It was a fantastic experience. I had the Scungulli Marinara appetizer. Scungilli was cooked perfect. I had the Italian Fried Chicken for dinner. Delicious. My wife asked for something not on the menu. Not only did they offer to make it, they asked if there was a special way she would like it. How accomodating is that.. The portions are huge. There was live entertainment tonight and it was very entertaining. You thought you were in a friends house having dinner. The staff is attentive and the food is fabulous.
I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Wow! What a find,, we came w our neighbors to celebrate their anniversary, the owner Umberto was very attentive, ha came to or table repeatedly , great live entertainment! Can't wait to come back!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Six of us went for dinner tonight at Nuova Luna in Toms River, NJ. They had only my first name on the reservation but when they seated us the owner, Umberto, came over and called me by my name and began to treat us like royalty. He recommended the Seafood Salad to start with octopus, calamari and shrimp served over arugula. Then we had homemade Fettucini with lobster and other delicious entrees including a great Veal Marsala. The food was very gourmet and we consider ourselves foodies. Then he came over and prepared a special dessert flambe at our table. Wonderful. They treat you like family from the beginning. Joey is the singer and kept us entertained through the entire meal. Fantastic place, quality food and excellent service. I'm going to bring Umberto the Tripadvisor decal for his window, that's how good it was. We didn't want to leave. Bring your bottle of wine and your dancing shoes. What a spectacular experience! Loved it!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I am an Account Manager for a NJ based AV/Production company. That being said I find myself entertaining clients at five star restaurants all over the country. I went to Nova Luna with my wife to be and another couple for a fun night out. From the start of the night our experience was nothing short of AMAZING, the food and entertainment were terrific, the service was fantastic and the owners were a delight to meet! We were so impressed with everything that we decided to cancel our previous reservations for our rehearsal dinner and have it at Nova Luna. Please do yourself a favor and come enjoy the best Italian food in New Jersey!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We went to this restaurant tonight.party of three. We ordered appitizer of fried calamari they were excellent. The sauce was a fresh tomato sauce, it was wonderful. We tried the chicken soup. It was a little high prices $7 for a plate but very tasty. We had veal with prosciutto and mozzarella over spaghetti., it was excellent. We also had a surf and turf, which was beautifully served and also excellent. The chef Umbertto comes out to greet his guests and he is a super nice man. On a whole I can't wait to return to this restaurant....it is a must try...u won t be disappointed...oh and byob.