“Simple ambience but simply scrumptious”

Tardi's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #1 of 297 Restaurants in Toms River
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Known especially for having the finest Italian food prepared with the very freshest of ingredients, Tardi's award-winning cuisine now celebrates its 35th anniversary year in business. The Tardi family thanks God, and all their loyal customers for their success over the years. At Tardi's, concern is all about the customer's enjoyment, and so to ensure their dining pleasure, we employ a very professional, well-trained, courteous, and friendly staff, always at the service of their patrons. At Tardi's, you're always "Dining with Friends!" We are located near Cattus Island, in the Bellcrest Plaza on Fischer Blvd. In Toms River, NJ
Toms River, New Jersey
“Simple ambience but simply scrumptious”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

A sweet little italian restaurant in toms river that let's you know your going to enjoy your meal the minute you walk through the door. Delicious aroma greets you as you walk in. Not a very big place but service was big on attention. I arrived with a friend for the all you can eat pasta night which was advertised on their website but to our dismay they told us they would no longer offer that until october. No worries....we were still able to enjoy their early bird special for $11.95 and it was well worth it. First round was a complimentary toasted bread with a fresh and tasty tomato bruschetta on top. You also have a choice of two soups and a very nice salad that comes prepared with a very tasty dressing. I chose the escarole and bean soup which was just ok(lacking a little in flavor). My friend chose the egg drop soup and said she liked it. They also served delicious warm crusty bread snd were very generous to bring out more if we wanted. There were about 5 entrees overall to choose from on the early bird and I picked penne vodka which the nice waitress highly recommended. Very tasty. Pasta was al dente and sauce was just right. Very flavorful and just the perfect amount of creaminess. Not to thick or to thin. My friend chose the chicken dish served with potatoes mushrooms and sweet vinegar peppers and she seemed happy as well with her dinner. Portion size was decent for early bird. The menu said ice cream or cake was included but waitress informed us at the start that they had spumoni or tortoni .Coffee and tea was also offered. Byob. Well worth the money for a early special but we did have to ask for that menu and it was not given as a choice until we inquired. Overall, Very good experience and food and I will return.

2 Thank Leslie D

Bedminster, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Italian ambience”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

As a Tripadvisor fan, I did my usual lookup for a decent restaurant while visiting Seaside Heights on a short surfing trip. This restaurant came up with great reviews and the location being 10 mins away, I decided to give it a shot for a dinner. It wasn't a big place, but the ambience and music was pleasantly Italian which made us enjoy the food even more. Starting with one of the best bread I had, the appetizer, main dish, and desert were all great. And the portion was really big, too. Also the waitress and waiter were very attentive with lots of smile which made the dining even more enjoyable. We'll make this our restaurant of choice whenever we're in town. A very satisfying dinner, indeed!

1 Thank AdvisedTraveller000
Howell, NJ
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I found this restaurant thru Trip Advisor. After I made reservations I asked friends who live in the area if they have heard of this place or have eastern there. Not one know of this restaurant. We went with fronds this past Saturday night and we fully enjoyed ourselves. We stated out with appetizers of stuffed mushrooms, fried calamari , and mussels. All were excellent, though the mussels were small., but the sauce was excellent. The main courses were all very good. My friend had the special of meatball and sausages with fettuccine , his wife had the shrimp and lobster over linguine with marinara, while my wife had this same but fra diablo, which all said was very good. I had the veal chop with peppers, sausages, potatoes and onions, and that was equally terrific. The service was very good and the waiter explained all the specials and was very attentive. While the rooms itself is nothing special, I look forward to going back again, as who cares about the room, it's the food that makes a restaurant , and Tardi's is worth a visit, you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank tripdad57Howell_NJ
Toms River, New Jersey
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stopped in for dinner on a Tuesday evening. It was early, so crowds were not a problem. Tardi's is in a strip mall, so we weren't expecting too much. Wow, were we ever surprised! From the complementary Bruschetta, to the salad, to the meals, everything was perfect. The food was delicious, and the portions more than satisfactory. Our servers were attentive, without being overbearing, which added to the enjoyment. In a nutshell, great food, pleasant and attentive staff, and moderate prices ($18-$25 for the entrees). Definitely a win!

Brick, New Jersey
“Enjoyable local Italian meal”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

First----kudos to Tardi's for taking a reservation. Not enough Shore restaurants will do this, which makes it hard for locals like us, who want to go out at the last minute. Service was good, though we had to ask for some things 2 times. Bread was delicious and bruscetta on the table a nice treat. I had the seafood pasta, which was delicious, though others at the table weren't quite as happy ("sour tomato sauce" "chicken dish needed more sauce"). Specials are highly priced ($32) I would return to try the puttenesca--not too many restaurants serve it!