“Great gourmet pizza at a reasonable price.”

Nino's Coal Fired Pizza
Ranked #80 of 299 Restaurants in Toms River
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
“Great gourmet pizza at a reasonable price.”
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Came here for dinner while on a business trip. Ordered the Zucchini and Gorgonzola pizza. It was great and plenty of pizza for two. The total bill for the gourmet pizza and soft drinks for two came in under $30. This place is a solid value for great pizza. I would come here again and recommend to a friend.

1 Thank Czrich86

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Opionon”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We went to the Brick location recently. I have never written a review before but I recommend this location to a friend and they told me they read bad reviews. I had to see for myself what was written and I could not disagree more. We went on a Friday night and was seated in about 15 minutes. There were also people behind us so I have to assume they are busy for a reason.

The waitress was very friendly and since we were never there before she recommended a few things to order based on what we wanted. The firecracker calameri was excellent. We also had the wings which were very good. 2 apps for 4 people was more then enough.

We only ordered pizza since we wanted to try the coal fired taste. There are dozens of cookie cutter pizza joints around Toms River & Brick. This is something different. If you want the same old thing then this is not for you. It is cooked in a fire place people, it is not cooked in a controlled oven.

The service was very good as well. As I stated before the place was full so it is not that the server / bus boys had nothing to do. The server, I think her name was alyssa?? came back to the table numerous times to bring our food, check our drinks, and to see if we needed anything. The bus boys also asked us once if we needed anything.

The manager went to every table and asked how everything was. And just before we left the owner came in and also went to every table, introduced himself, and asked us for our comments. We told him 5 stars in our book.
I'm over 50 and have eaten in a lot of places and recommend this place to everyone.
We are looking forward to going again and trying some of the HOMEMADE pasta.

Forked River, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Homemade pasta not necessarly a good thing.”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I went for dinner Sat nite because of good reviews from friends.
First off the place was freezing, couldn't even take our coats off. Not a comefortable way to eat
Salad was OK but you get no choice of dressing and the dressing is not something everyone
would like. My husband had Steak Anthony which was delicious, except for the homemade
WW pasta. My Shrimp Scampi was delicious, except for the homemade WW pasta.
The pasta was dry, hard, cold and tasted like carboard. So even though our dinners were good the bad pasta ruined them. We will give the place another try and try white pasta next time. They will only get 2 chances. Our waitress was good, friendly and attentive.

Toms River, New Jersey
“Hands down best restaurant in town”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Not one single complaint about this restaurant. Pulling up to either location, brick nj or toms river nj, there are always many cars. Always a good sign. When you walk in you immediately smell all the different aromas coming from the kitchen. A server greets you right away as you walk in the door. Service is amazing!! After being seated I waited no longer then a minute for my waitress to come over to us and introduce herself. She informed us about the specials but didn't push them on us. She convinced us to share a family style App since I brought 3 of my friends out with me. Great choice! Their family style feeds 4-6 and you get an extra serving of food with also saving money! We all had different entrees that were filling and spectacular. You can tell that their pasta is homemade. The food tastes amazing. She told us to save room for dessert so we all planned on doing so. As a table we shared the Nutella Pie, teramisu, canoli, and zeppolis. When all the dessert came out together.. it looks like heaven. The Nutella pie is to die for with canoli cream, nutella and sugar. Its a great dessert to share. The teramisu is homemade in the restaurant and perfectly layered. The canoli cream is fresh because it is also homemade and comes in a huge canoli shell. The zeppolis of course, are delicious. They add the perfect amount of drizzled nutella and sugar. Our waitress also knew how to make her cappuccinos!! Looked great and tasted great. Could not of asked for more in my experience. I will always recommend this restaurant to all of my friends. You will never be dissapointed in a visit to Ninos Coal Fired Pizza.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Michele0422
“Favorite Place !!!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

All of my experiences at Ninos were fantastic. I go almost 2 times a week and I can’t get enough. Their pizza is the best Coal Fired Pizza I have ever tasted! Not only is their pizza great, their dinner entrees are even better! Since the menu was updated and new dishes were added my favorite so far is the Bada Bing Chicken and Shrimp. I can’t even put in words how tasty this dish is! Must try it! One of my favorite desserts is the Nutella pie, it’s made with their pizza dough and topped with their homemade cannoli cream and drizzled hazelnut Nutella and finished off with powdered sugar, must save room for this !!!

1 Thank Alissa R